This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] Nl6 Fr Jj 11.09

• UnknownJoseph
      UnknownJoseph
      Bronze
      - $0.06 NL - Holdem - 9 players
      Hand converted by PokerTracker 3

Hero (MP+1): $8.09
      LP: $7.70
      CO: $3.79
      BTN: $2.05
      SB: $1.33
      BB: $6.00 (150)34/14/17(steal)13(3B)67(F3B)
      UTG: $7.83
      UTG+1: $8.86
      MP: $14.11

SB posts SB $0.03, BB posts BB $0.06

Pre Flop: ($0.09) Hero has J:spade: J:diamond:

fold, fold, fold, Hero raises to $0.24, fold, fold, fold, fold, BB raises to $0.60, Hero raises to $2.00, BB calls $1.40

Flop: ($4.03, 2 players) 9:spade: A:diamond: 8:heart:
      BB checks, Hero checks

Turn: ($4.03, 2 players) A:club:
      BB bets $0.90, Hero raises to $6.09, BB calls $3.10

River: ($12.03, 2 players) 5:spade:

Hero shows J:spade: J:diamond: (Two Pair, Aces and Jacks) (Pre 66%, Flop 11%, Turn 5%)
      BB shows 5:heart: A:heart: (Full House, Aces full of Fives) (Pre 34%, Flop 89%, Turn 95%)
      BB wins $11.33

Preflop: I saw him 3B with KJo and worse trash... I folded many hands vs him but in this situation when I hold JJ I couldn't have folded it so I 4B him.
      Flop: I didn't have plan on the flop because I was surprised that he called my 4B. I thought that the action would have finished on all in move preflop.
      I completely didn't know what to do...I was committed to the pot and I think check on the flop was big mistake because I didn't want to see any more overcard on later streets...
  • 3 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello BGawli,

Well, I doubt that I would play it much differently. The problem with flop is that I doubt the guy is going to Call with QQ/KK in this case preflop. Therefore I guess I'd Check it behind as well. Although I am not sure if I'd ship it on turn, I mean do you really think that there are going to be worse hands which Call you?

Best regards.
    • UnknownJoseph
      UnknownJoseph
      Bronze
      I'm not talking about made hand... I was sure that he didn't have it. If I wasn't sure I didn't 4B him. I thought that action would have finished preflop. I wanted to go broke with JJ. Do u remember this hand http://www.pokerstrategy.com/forum/thread.php?threadid=148423? it's the same situation.
      but I was surprised when he called and I didn't know what to do on the flop because overcard blocked me. I think that my check on the flop was mistake because I gave him free card which he didn't get. I think that I was able to fold my JJ but in the situation when next A hit on the turn I decided to go broke.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      But well, if you are betting the flop do you think you gonna achieve much? I mean he has a lot of Ax hands in his calling range. :(