[NL2-NL10] NL 5 SH - AJ pre-flop fold...

• Zareos
      Zareos
      Bronze
      Bodog - $0.05 NL (6 max) - Holdem - 5 players
      Hand converted by PokerTracker 3

BTN: $1.19
      Hero (SB): $4.11
      BB: $5.14
      UTG: $4.86
      CO: $6.42

Hero posts SB $0.02, BB posts BB $0.05

Pre Flop: ($0.07) Hero has A:spade: J:heart:

fold, CO raises to $0.10, BTN raises to $0.37, fold, fold, CO calls $0.27

Flop: ($0.81, 2 players) 9:diamond: 5:club: 9:spade:
      CO bets $0.81, BTN raises to $0.82 and is all-in, CO calls $0.01

Turn: ($2.45, 2 players) J:club:

River: ($2.45, 2 players) T:spade:

BTN shows Q:diamond: Q:heart: (Two Pair, Queens and Nines) (PreFlop 68%, Flop 86%, Turn 84%)
      CO shows Q:spade: K:heart: (Straight, King High) (PreFlop 32%, Flop 14%, Turn 16%)
      CO wins $2.35

The two players were 80 VPIP and 56 VPIP, the initial raiser having a very high aggression factor and the 3-better had a little lower but was still somewhat aggressive.

I think I made the right call in folding pre-flop, especially since I was OOP...

Also, what should I do in this position if there was no 3-bet, and I was only faced with the CO's min-raise. Should I 3-bet it as a resteal?
  • 1 reply
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Zareos,

Add to full stack. :)

I think I made the right call in folding pre-flop, especially since I was OOP...

Most likely the safest play. At the best we might get a coinflip but it ain't worth.

Also, what should I do in this position if there was no 3-bet, and I was only faced with the CO's min-raise. Should I 3-bet it as a resteal?

Most likely depends on the opponents PFR. :) If he has rather small PFR then rather not 3bet and go maybe for passive line and just Call and play postflop.

Best regards.