[NL2-NL10] nl2 - Two pair on Mono-Suit Flop

• Philfox1985
      Philfox1985
      Bronze
      Ignoring he result, can you give me a hand on how I should be approaching these situations?

Whats my likley equity on the flop if I do chose to ship?

How would you reccomend playing the hand?

Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      Hero:
      $3.44
      BU:
      $1.8

0.01/0.02 No-Limit Hold'em (4 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy.com Elephant 0.102 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is SB with A:diamond: , 7:club:
      CO folds, BU calls $0.02, Hero raises to $0.08, BB folds, BU calls $0.06.

Flop: ($0.18) A:spade: , 7:spade: , 2:spade: (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.12, BU raises to $0.54, Hero raises to $1.80, BU calls $1.18 (All-In), Hero gets uncalled bet back.

Turn: ($3.62) 5:spade:
      River: ($3.62) T:diamond: (2 players)

Final Pot: $3.62

Results follow (highlight to see):
      BU shows a flush, ace high (Js 9s)
      Hero shows (Ad 7c)

BU wins with a flush, ace high (Js 9s)
  • 2 replies
    • w4terman
      w4terman
      Bronze
      well with the BU limp before you maybe it was better to just fold and not raise and be out of possition with a marginal hand cause in most of the times you hit the flop its hard to now if you are good or not. at the flop there is not need to raise for me (you dont even have a spade) you could just call and try to reach the showdown as cheaply as possible and fold to any more resistance...
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Philfox1985,

Well, the first problem here is that would he like ever even raise with just TP here? Is he really that kind of maniac tendency. Against some kind of range which might even consist of AxX we are pretty much flipping anyways.

Although obviously if we are putting him on a bit wider range, I didn't add anything. he could obviously even ship with wider flushes:

Board: A:spade: 7:spade: 2:spade:
             Equity     Win     Tie
      UTG    51.65%  41.55%  10.10% { Ad7c }
      UTG+1  48.35%  38.26%  10.10% { 77, 22, AJs, A7s, A2s, QsJs, AhTh, JsTs, 9s8s, 6s5s, 5s4s, A7o, A2o, AcJs, AcTs }

We are pretty much flipping. :) If you like that kind of variance then why not. :P Although according his line I doubt that it's some weaker hand. He is even raising rather stronger and wants to somehow protect his hand.

Best regards.