[NL2-NL10] nl2 - Bluffed on River

• Philfox1985
      Villian showed Q high on river.

I was considering a call as his line didn't seem very strong. However its best to fold here as villian isn't bluffing often enough?

Known players:

0.01/0.02 No-Limit Hold'em (3 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy.com Elephant 0.102 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BU with A:diamond: , J:club:
      Hero raises to $0.07, SB folds, BB calls $0.05.

Flop: ($0.15) 8:spade: , 7:spade: , 6:diamond: (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero bets $0.11, BB calls $0.11.

Turn: ($0.37) 4:club: (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero checks.

River: ($0.37) 6:club: (2 players)
      BB bets $0.37, Hero folds, BB gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $0.37
  • 3 replies
    • Tomaloc
      you need to be right 1/3 of the time to break even. without reads don't think that you're getting it against him
    • veriz
      Hello Philfox1985,

Well, as you may understand. With his play it's only towards total nuts and that's only he would play this way. He would never bet like that with any pair. Which might even indicate to bluff. Although for the given reason that we even don't know the opponent I wouldn't Call there.

Best regards.
    • boomer011
      Ya I would have to agree with Veriz here (of course). I have noticed through playing myself that pot size bet on the river usually represents big strength, a completed draw looking for max value or something like that. Thus even A8 here well i would consider calling here I might find a fold, not much we beat even with that other than a bluff here, and Villains at nl2 usually like to bluff smaller as a pot size bet bluff is a big risk