[NL2-NL10] SH nl10 KJo

• Beseventh
      Beseventh
      Bronze

I feel like I played this hand really bad ... There was no place for CB i guess ?

Grabbed by Holdem Manager
      NL Holdem $0.10(BB) Replayer
      SB ($8.70)
      BB ($14.32)
      UTG ($14.01)
      CO ($11.33)
      Hero ($11.36)

Dealt to Hero K:heart: J:club:

UTG calls $0.10, fold, Hero raises to $0.40, fold, BB calls $0.30, UTG calls $0.30

FLOP ($1.25) 4:club: 6:club: 6:diamond:

BB checks, UTG checks, Hero bets $0.70, BB calls $0.70, UTG folds

TURN ($2.65) 4:club: 6:club: 6:diamond: J:diamond:

BB checks, Hero bets $2, BB raises to $4.70, Hero calls $2.70

RIVER ($12.05) 4:club: 6:club: 6:diamond: J:diamond: 7:heart:

BB bets $7.55, Hero ??

I feel like I played this hand really bad ... There was no place for CB i guess ?
  • 2 replies
    • BigOVERBET
      BigOVERBET
      Bronze
      I would raise $0.50, because 1 limp.
      Cbet flop and turn is fine. I dont see what he is repping here. 44-66 only make sence. Flattting OOP and C/R turn is a pretty strong line, but the flop is pretty wet. J on turn is blank for him and he still raises.
      I would call this one down i think.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Beseventh,

Flop: Well the case is that only better hand you might make fold is A high. :P Therefore into multiway pot I might even prefer Checking behind. UTG/BB range both can easily even consist of PPs which we ain't gonna make to fold.

As played
      Turn: Well, the question now is. Should we rather go for a bet or not? What's the idea of our bet? Most likely we wont see 3streets of value from a lot of worse PPs/pairs. Therefore if the board would even be dry I might sometimes prefer Checking behind here to get value on river from weaker hands. Although as there are draws the question now is would the guy ever Check/Raise the turn with them? Only reasonable hand which might play this way is some X:cJ. Although as you see you are already holding the J then it's not that likely that he is even on a draw. Not that many Jx floats on flop. So therefore it comes rather to made hands. Against his line and even doing it into multiway line while he seems to be rather passive with his Check/Raise I might even fold it right on turn. Since what's our plan? If we Call the turn then most likely there ain't gonna be much changes anyways on river. But will we be able to Call it? By that I mean do we even beat anything which picks such a line?

As played
      River: Obviously we don't beat much, I'd even consider folding. Doubt that the guy is even able to bluff or do you think he is?

Best regards.