[NL2-NL10] NL10 pocket kings vs retard

• ferotaraba
      what do you guys think?

a villian was a 54/3 calling station. Some retarded moron with BB/100 = -30.

i have absolutely no idea what he had, he could have AdKd, but he probably wouldnt play it this way, or he might have had pocket queens and decided to "protect the hand" or he just went crazy with something like AdQx with a top pair + nutflush draw. Or just had AQ. absolutely no idea. If it was a decent player, i could get some read on him, but ive seen this guy call a 4bet out of position preflop with K4s about 3-4 hands back. I have also seen him push $15 into $0.20 pot on the flop.

Now that im thinking i probably should have called, especially when he's such a donk. im favourite against AQ, 50:50 against AdQx, i only lose to QQ and AdKd and i kind of doubt he'd play the last hand so straight-forward. It also could have been some kind of a stupid bluff, which he was doing pretty often.

What would you guys have done?
      Thanks for the advice

Seat 2 is the button
      Seat 1: hokusan ( $9.05 USD )
      Seat 2: unltdPower ( $20.38 USD )
      Seat 3: molinero001 ( $10 USD )
      Seat 4: KharkovUA77 ( $11.14 USD )
      Seat 5: taGILroMAN ( $2.65 USD )
      Seat 6: Oriolin ( $10 USD )
      Seat 7: kodanik50 ( $12.36 USD )
      Seat 8: YYANE ( $10.15 USD )
      Seat 9: Farallvo ( $12.92 USD )

molinero001 posts small blind [$0.05 USD].
      KharkovUA77 posts big blind [$0.10 USD].
      ** Dealing down cards **
      Dealt to unltdPower [ Kh Ks ]
      taGILroMAN folds
      kodanik50 raises [$0.40 USD]
      YYANE folds
      Farallvo folds
      hokusan folds
      unltdPower raises [$1.20 USD]
      molinero001 folds
      KharkovUA77 folds
      kodanik50 calls [$0.80 USD]

** Dealing Flop ** [ Qd, 7d, 8d ]

kodanik50 is all-In [$11.16 USD]
      Your time bank will be activated in 6 secs. If you do not want it to be used, please act now.
      unltdPower will be using his time bank for this hand.
      Currently you do not have any time left in your Time Bank and your hand has been folded.
      unltdPower folds
      kodanik50 does not show cards.
      kodanik50 wins $13.59 USD
  • 4 replies
    • veriz
      Hello ferotaraba,

Welcome to the NL Hand Evaluation Forum! Hopefully we will see more hands from you in the future. I hope that with our help you can improve your play and as well move up the limits. We will be waiting for the next hands and till that good luck on tables!

Well, the problem is that if we had a K the it might be better for us. But while we don't have then even against a range which may consist of a we are pretty much flipping. Also he could even easily shipping with sets here. So if you want to avoid variance then folding is likely the safest play. But of course if we add him into different kind of Qx hands:

Board: Q:diamond: 7:diamond: 8:diamond:
             Equity     Win     Tie
      UTG    51.61%  49.77%   1.85% { KhKs }
      UTG+1  48.39%  46.54%   1.85% { QQ, 88-77, AQs, KQs, QJs, 87s, AQo, KQo, QJo, 87o }

Then as you see we still pretty much flipping. :P Although I didn't add even made flushes which he might sometimes play this way as well.

Best regards.
    • Jaissica
      if you've a solid hand sample, that 3 raise range screams JJ+, AKo, AQs+.

For him to open-shove like that means you are just about beat to hell and back. It sucks to get such a great hand vs such an idiot, but we need to remember being an idiot is not a qualification that prevents you from winning any individual poker hand.

The amount of times I have thought "this idiot can't have a set... he would have had to have called 1/4 of his stack preflop" only to see a set of 2s and double the clown up... argh.

Nice fold.
    • ferotaraba
      so you both think fold is the best option there.... alright thanks for the advice, i appreciate it :)
    • veriz
      Originally posted by ferotaraba
      so you both think fold is the best option there.... alright thanks for the advice, i appreciate it :)
      Most likely the safest play. :) While we haven't invested much into the pot anyways.