I'm ready to Grind

• Scooney
      Scooney
      Bronze
      Hi all,

I've recently registered with PokerStrategy.com to take advantage of their free $50 offer and their community. I'm looking to improve my game, particularly my cash poker game, and I hope I can get involved in some good discussions on these forums :)

I chose to sign up with Party Poker, and so far have got my BR from the original $50 to $75 within a month playing $0.01/$0.02 - which I'm pretty satisfied with so far. I'm basically looking to grind my way through the levels and hopefully build a nice roll using pretty strict BRM.

Anyway looking forward to chatting with you guys and maybe playing with you at the tables ;)
  • 8 replies
    • dannywratten
      dannywratten
      Gold
      Gl sir, welcome! :)
    • UPAY4DINNER
      UPAY4DINNER
      Bronze
      Hi Scooney,

Welcome to PokerStrategy.com!

Seems like you have gotten off to a great start with your free $50 bankroll, congratulations on that! It's a great achievement and I hope you can keep it up!

You might be interested to know that we are running a Beginners Course for NL Cash game players at the minute. This may be an excellent opportunity to back up your strategy and help you out in some difficult spots. You may also make many new friends there and from what I've heard the members are really enjoying the material so far.

I have linked the information above just in case you wanted to take a look. Have you played any poker at all before joining us? Any big achievements?

Well thanks for stopping by and introducing yourself, it's always nice when members pop in to say a few words and get involved in this truly great community.

I wish you continued success at the tables!

Kind regards,
      Gary
    • Scooney
      Scooney
      Bronze
      Yeah i've played poker in various ways for seven years, though only started playing poker reguarly online in 2008 on PKR. Unfortunately i've never been in a financial position to deposit as much as I'd like and play in the juicier tournaments, though I've done well whenever I've qualified.

My biggest tournament cash was for £1100, Xmas day 2009 on Sky Poker- though it was on my girlfriend's dad's account and we'd agreed to split 50-50 anything I won :(

Finance issues meant I had to withdraw the money I had in PKR leaving my pokerless until I saw the poker strategy deal and snapped it up :D

Whenever I've attempted cash in the past I've always sucked pretty hard at it but this time approaching the game with zero ego or pride, something i've struggled with before.

Thanks for the link btw will definately take a look :)
    • dogma18
      dogma18
      Bronze
      lol the girlfriends dad is pretty tight, taking 50% of winnings. Thats the first and only bad beat story hopefully :D
    • Scooney
      Scooney
      Bronze
      It was brutal but I had no leverage :(
    • UPAY4DINNER
      UPAY4DINNER
      Bronze
      Typical! When you agree to a deal beforehand you always have a big score :D

Fair play for honouring the deal though, but perhaps it was a wise choice not getting on the wrong side of your potential father-in-law :)
    • minibiff
      minibiff
      Bronze
      Welcome :)
    • bringmecards
      bringmecards
      Bronze
      best of luck at the tables and welcome