Turn That Frown Upside Down! Battle of the Donkeys V!

• Cardbender
      Well with all the major hits to the poker industry after black friday and the loss of FTP "RIP". I think we need to do something.

Nothing has come close to bringing fun or camaraderie to this community like Battle of The Donkeys!

So what do you say Pokerstrategy how about you invest a few hours each week and get it going again!

I would commit to doing interviews again! They were only going to get better from here

Media Maniacs will Rule the poker world! :D

BOTD FTW!

Ah memories.....

So what do you say, are you in pokerstrategy?????

• 6 replies
    • IngridN
      I'm looking forward to see what comes out of this thread and what you guys think of this promotion!

• Cardbender
      Bumpity Bump
    • purplefizz
      those posters :D

can you explain or give us an idea how the BOTD went?
      for all of us who werent around back then :)
    • Cardbender
      Sure I would be happy to

BOTD I:

Was TeamSoy vs Team Tribune Ceaser

pokerstrategy would offer stakes for players via promos. There would be a couple openings on each team for the players who got the furthest in the sunday 100k gtd. I think if you were on the teams your entry was paid for.

BOTD II & III:

pokerstrategy would give out stakes but now we had 6 teams or so competing against one another. Top teams and players won tickets to the sunday million I believe. This was working well but TribuneCeaser left us during this period :( and some teams couldn't make full rosters killing their stats.

BOTD IV:

Was the en community vs the Spanish community. pokerstrategy gave out stakes again. This was like David vs Goliath because we would have 40 players entered vs 200 Spanish players. The Spanish are luck boxes I lost KK and QQ at two final tables via suckouts. :D

all in all they were all fun but BOTD II was the best.

Proposed BOTD V:

I think if we combine II and IV this would be epic. We make teams and also anyone can enter individually. We then play one of the better 5-10$ prize pool weekend tourneys. We keep track of stats and the best over all players get prizes and the best teams from each community then face off in maybe a HU battle or maybe an entry into maybe a 33$ mtt to see which team does best and is crowned Top Donkey's. The details would have to to be well thought out but easily doable.

Bart tried to get it going again but i think he hit road blocks.

I could get more in depth regarding each BOTD but you get the gist. each one had issues so we have to look at those to build the ultimate community tourney.

We started with maybe 30 regulars and slowly the number of en community members increased. It would take time for us to rebuild what we had but it is possible.

Hylnnkin was the best overall player in the BOTD's. Sidewalker had the best cash results. SoyCD is a very good player and consistently finished deep in mtt's. I would love for him to participate again but i think his girlfriend would kill me if she read this.

BOTD was getting good me and erptech had a radio show the last BOTD and had ideas for future shows. We would take music requests etc. We got the idea from the german BOTD radio show.

BOTD got people participating in the staking promos "funniest photoshop pic, or say why you should get a stake, or post the most interesting hand in hand forum etc"

I think we should take out staking and just give people free buy-ins this is not about pokerstrategy making a profit but making the best community.

So this is how it went, I hope this helps everyone see how much fun BOTD can become. I have many good poker friends to this day from BOTD!

Hey Cardbender,

Loving your initiatives :)

We are currently thinking up lots of promotional ideas for the community at the minute, but as you know they need time and perfecting.

If you have some good ideas, I have added you in community tool to hear them :)

All the best,
    • Cardbender
      Bumpity bump bump bump.

Still think we should get this going again :)