This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] NL5 SH Q9 twopair wet board

• Tomaloc
      Tomaloc
      Bronze
      Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      BB:
      $3,27
      Hero:
      $8,88
      BU:
      $7,87

0,03/0,05 No-Limit Hold'em (5 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy.com Elephant 0.102 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is CO with Q:heart: , 9:diamond:
      MP3 folds, Hero raises to $0,18, BU calls $0,18, SB folds, BB calls $0,13.

Flop: ($0,57) Q:diamond: , J:diamond: , 9:spade: (3 players)
      BB bets $0,2, Hero raises to $0,65, BU calls $0,65, BB raises to $3,09 (All-In), Hero folds, BU calls $2,44.
      i expected BB to ship it here if he wanted to, he already used this lowbet/3bet line so that's why i didn't raise higher for protection.
      i think i'd ship it against BB and his stack, but BU's cold call made me suspicious...
      i didn't think he was fishy enough to do it with just FD/1p type of hands when it's pretty obvious that we could sandwich him

so against twoplayers for stacks i thought that i was better off, i'm too likely to be behind against at least one of them

Turn: ($7,40) 7:heart:
      River: ($7,40) K:diamond: (2 players)

Final Pot: $7,40
  • 3 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Tomaloc,

Well, really interesting line from BU. Guess most likely the safest play to fold even against 2 opponents. Plus we are kinda deep with BU, he might as well trap. According his W$SD he has been winning even most of the hands. Doubt either that he is calling loose.

What was the conclusion then? :D

Best regards.
    • Tomaloc
      Tomaloc
      Bronze
      Results follow:
      BU shows a straight, king high (K T)
      BB shows (A Q)

BU wins with a straight, king high (K T)

don't really know what conclusions to draw as he was IP and may also have also expected BB to come over the top, not really a terribad spot to coldcall with the vulnerable nuts i think
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Kinda standard play from him. I guess he expected the correct things although the plan didn't go that well while we made a good fold. :)