This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

FL Stud Hi BRM

• 4 replies
    • madorjan
      madorjan
      Bronze
      Hi,

In my opinion for a beginner it should be around 400BB (big bet, not big blind, if you're a NL player), so for 4/8c it would be $32, for 25/50c it would be $200. The variancie is a bit higher than in FLHE because there is an extra big bet street, but the 8handed nature and the pretty tight 3rd and 4th street play makes it a bit lower. If you're more experienced you could do well with a bit smaller BR, but it's kind of your choice by RoR and stuff.

Hope I could help, cheers,
      Madi
    • UPAY4DINNER
      UPAY4DINNER
      Bronze
      Hey Madi,

Thanks for your swift and helpful responce :)

I will probably play 0.10/0.20, but I will play a few k hands at 0.04/0.08 just to get a feel of the game and strategies.

Do you know of any tracking software for Stud by any chance?

I have very basic skills at Stud, but I wouldn't be a complete newbie :D

Any tips/advice for playing styles would be very welcome if you had the time :)

Thanks again,

Gary
    • chenny8888
      chenny8888
      Bronze
      pokertracker 2 - stud works still

i don't use it though
    • madorjan
      madorjan
      Bronze
      PTStud is not that good IMO. But FPDB is good for it and has a HUD also, the only thing is that setting it up is kind of complicated. But it's an open software so I don't and won't complain, it's a great software.

I prefer not to have a 'style', just adjust to the players in every kind of poker, but on smaller stakes you may want to tighten up a bit in the SH-hands (like medium pairs and such) and focus more on the speculative hands (3flushes, 3straights), since the pots are going to be multiway a ton of the times. So basically that's what I'd change a bit these stakes, and also I guess it's pretty standard, but anyway I'm gonna write it: don't multitable. Memorise the dead cards, and watch your opponent, it's much more worthwile than having a good hourly on the micros (and you won't have a good hourly if you mass multitable stud anyway:) ).

If you have further questions, please ask.

Cheers,
      Madi