[NL2-NL10] NL2 SH KJs

• staktas
      Known players:

0.01/0.02 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy.com Elephant 0.102 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with K:heart: , J:heart:
      Hero raises to $0.08, 4 folds, BB calls $0.06.

Flop: ($0.17) A:heart: , 9:heart: , 6:club: (2 players)
      BB bets $0.17, Hero calls $0.17.

Turn: ($0.51) J:diamond: (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero checks.

River: ($0.51) 8:spade: (2 players)
      BB bets $0.51, Hero folds, BB gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $0.51

I was in EP, but there were a lot of fish on the table, so I decided to open raise. Very aggressive villain calls, and donks on the flop. I got flushdraw, so I call.

On the turn I got some showdown value, as my J paired. Now, he checks. Free card doesn't bothers me at all, because I have a flushdraw, so I just checked behind. But should I call the river? I know, that villain is very aggressive and I induce bluff with check behind.

Also, could I bet turn? I think bet for free showdown isn't very good against such an opponent because I'll get c/r very often.
  • 1 reply
    • veriz
      Hello staktas,

Turn: Nah, betting the turn wouldn't accomplish much. Rather take the free showdown and might get even value from worse pairs/PPs on river.

As played
      River: Not much you can do. :( He may be easily even trapping on turn with his Check to Check/Raising against you. Rather fold it while we don't know that much the opponent either. Usually it doesn't make sense him to take this line as bluff, they are very often bluffing rather the turn.

Best regards.