Question about 0.25\0.5 & 0.5\1 FR

• GreenPiece
      GreenPiece
      Bronze
      Hi!

I have a question... First of all... I know you can't judge only by stats what's the mind & understanding of the game (so mistakes have to be dealt with in some other way) but if stats are very different from ideal it may point to the topic where leaks are very likely to be found. Also I understand that 10k is no sample & greater distance is needed but some, so to say, tendencies can be found.

These sample is taken after that moment when I understood that playing for rake-back & bonuses is not my way, so I need to deal with the process of game thoroughly. I denied weird multi-tabling & tried to concentrate on every single situation. I played 10k hands on 0.5\1 & achieved almost +2BB\100 win-rate. But the same distance on 0.25\0.5 gave me something around zero. So i wonder if it is normal & maybe you can point out some moments in stats that I can't notice myself.

• 6 replies
    • DYRD
      DYRD
      Bronze
      You think that by posting in English forum you can hide your player's profile from the Russian forum nosy opponents? :coolface:

Actually it's just an upswing, W$SD 54 proves that combined with high WTS. I faced the same upswing when I first aspired to 0.50/1. Ur stats are pretty nitty, very low 3-bet and PFR + you give up with ur BBs too much. But Pretty good WTS.
    • GreenPiece
      GreenPiece
      Bronze
      Originally posted by DYRD
      You think that by posting in English forum you can hide your player's profile from the Russian forum nosy opponents? :coolface:
      No, I created just the same thread in russian forum:
      http://ru.pokerstrategy.com/forum/thread.php?threadid=505842

Just wanted to gather different opinions :)

Thanks for this one! Will you suggest ideal stats to compare with while processing further?
    • DYRD
      DYRD
      Bronze
      At 0.25 you can play with stats like 22/13/2/8/39 and fight for ur blinds, typical rakeback whores can't play blinds at all, frankly speaking; u have to exploit them. By the way, I decided to stop playing like a rake-machine too, I wanna improve my play. Not more than 12-tabling now:)
    • GreenPiece
      GreenPiece
      Bronze
      Thank you! :) Good luck to both of us in developing the game :s_grin: I think we'll meet sometimes on 0.25\0.5 because I'm gonna mix it with 0.5\1 and delay 1\2 for some time (will wait for upcoming HM2 to gather statistics :D )
    • biogas
      biogas
      Gold
      Cbet is way too high (both flop and turn). Unless u hit all flops and all turns.
    • Boomer2k10
      Boomer2k10
      Bronze
      Looking at those stats you ran better at 0.5/1 than at 0.25/0.5 and that's pretty much the reason for the difference in winrates, especially over smaples as small at 10k hands.

Agree with a lot of what's already been said though from what I can see:

1) You're pretty tight. You can probably easily play 5% higher in terms of PFR and VPIP without giving anything up.

2) Your Turn C-Bet is fairly high but that can be any number of factors and, again, could just be running well but over 85% is nuts.

3) Your Steal % is pretty low. This ties in with Point 1. At 0.5/1 you were opening same range on the button as you were on the CO and even at 0.25/0.5 you're not breaking 35% open on the button. You can easily push this to 40%.

4) You fold WAY too much in the BB vs steals. Ironically you actually defend the SB decently (still a bit tight but overall ok). A decent button could almost steal any 2 cards profitably vs you if you're in the BB. As you go throught he stakes you will ahve to learn to defend your blinds vigourously vs steals.