Bogdan1190

• Bogdan1190
      Bogdan1190
      Bronze
      Hy my names is Bogdan im from romania and i've been playing for a while i hope this course helps me learn this beautifull game :) i kinda miss the start but i hope i can still learn from now on :)
  • 9 replies
    • UPAY4DINNER
      UPAY4DINNER
      Bronze
      Hey Bogdan :)

Welcome to the NL Beginners Course :)

I hope you enjoy it and find the material more than helpful on your way to Poker domination :D

The course is ongoing, so you haven't missed a thing!

I wish you every success in the course and I hope you find everything you need to become a greater player.

Kind regards,
      Gary
    • Bogdan1190
      Bogdan1190
      Bronze
      Hy i just finished lesson 1 and i want to say that what you are doing is great

Im also gratefull to be a part of this comunity.

I would like to thank you for the 50$ on titan poker :) i'll use that money as practice money for this course.

I hope i will learn lots of poker and have a lot of fun:)

Now lets do the Homework :D

Lesson 1 homework:

Question 1: What is your motivation for playing poker?

I always try to be the best that i can be and poker challenges me to constantly work on myself.Like in the other parts of my life the motivation comes from the end result.Im motivated because i want to become a good Strong player and i want to get financial independence through poker.
      I love to play the game and im motivated becouse i know that if i learn and work hard i will get to make a living out of it and a nice one too.

Question 2: What are your weaknesses when playing poker?
      Since the last time i lost all my bankroll i made a 4 months break and i worked on my self-discipline becouse that is the main problem that i encounter in life and poker as well.In poker the main problem was tilting and not sticking to BRM rules and wasting my BR.
      In short Lack of self Discipline

Question 3: What does it mean to play tight aggressive?

For me that always meant play strong hands agresively and in position and don't play trash hands.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Good job! Homework #1 Done!

Easiest wait to fight against tilt is to set up stop-loss technique. Which means if you for example have lost more than 3BIs for a session then you just stop the session for some time. The BI amount is set up from your own wanting. Some may put it higher, some lower. And after the stop you can easily just spend some time with evaluating your play.

Discipline is the problem for a lot of poker players. Also it's not only for poker but it be the problem in real life as well. You have to find a way to find the correct discipline. For example if you seeing always that you are doing any other stuff besides playing poker then always do force yourself to close for example the forums. Or if you are wasting your BR for just spewment then just CLOSE the tables and wait till you calm down. Force yourself sticking to BRM without it you wont play profitable in future. BRM is the ABC for poker.

Welcome to the Course and Best of Luck. Some more points earned.
    • Bogdan1190
      Bogdan1190
      Bronze
      Lesson 2 Homework

1.What do you think you could play differently than how it is in the BSS Starting Hands Chart, and why?
      I belive that for beginers like me is great and i'll probably play only the hands from the chart until i get more experience and learn more about the game from this course and articles.

It depends i think is the answer to what i would play differently becouse with more experience and knowledge i can get in more spots profitabily.

2.Post a hand for evaluation where you have a question regarding your pre-flop play.
      Beginners course homework

3.What is the equity of AKo against the top 5% range? 5% means: 88+, AJs+, KQs, AKo?

Ako 46,32%
      88+, AJs+, KQs, AKo 53.68%

The equtiy means that you are intitled to 46,32% in this case of the pot ?
      How can i use this information ?
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Good job! Homework #2 Done!

Playing according the SHC is totally standard for beginners. It's the easiest way to learn how to play preflop and obviously postflop. The more experienced you become the more hands you can play adjusting to your opponents.

The 3rd question means that if you get 3bet then often times AK is at the best in a flip phase with some standard range. 5% is pretty standard 3bet range and often people do 3bet even tighter. For that reason you see that at some points it's even better to fold AKo. :)

Hopefully you enjoy the School so far. Some more points earned.
    • Bogdan1190
      Bogdan1190
      Bronze
      Lesson 3 Homework

Question 0: Download and install the Equilab.
      It was installed :)

Question 1: You are holding KQ. What is your preflop equity against an opponent who has 33? How does the equity change on this flop: J53?
      Pre-flop my equity is 50.60% so it a flip.
      On the Flop we have a flush draw so i guess is about 25% since we get our flush one in four times.In equilab our equity changes from 50.60% to 26.46% so that's about it :)

Question 2: What would you do in the following hand?

No Limit hold'em $2 (9-handed)
      Players and stacks:
      UTG: $2.00
      UTG+1: $2.08
      MP1: $1.92
      MP2: $1.00
      MP3: $3.06
      CO: (Hero) $2.08
      BU: $2.00
      SB: $2.00
      BB: $1.24
      Preflop: Hero is CO with AJ
      5 folds, Hero raises to $0.08, BU calls $0.08, SB folds, BB calls $0.06.
      Flop: ($0.25) 263 (3 players)
      BB checks, Hero checks, BU checks.
      Turn: ($0.25) 5 (3 players)
      BB checks, Hero bets $0.22, BU raises to $0.44, BB folds, Hero...?

I would call becouse we have correct odds to call and we have some implied odds as well becouse i think he will call at least another bet on the river or bet himself.

We need 4:1 odds and we have to call 0.22 in a 0.91 pot so that is why we call.

Folding is out of the question for the reasons above :)

And im thinking that if we raise again he will fold his worst hands and only call as with the best hand so if we get called we are almost always beat.

Question 3: Do you have questions about your postflop play? Post your hand for evaluation.

Homework Lesson 3

Thank you for this course im learning a lot :)
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Good job! Homework #3 Done!

About Question #1:
      Preflop Equity:

Equity     Win     Tie
      UTG    50.78%  50.40%   0.38% { KsQs }
      UTG+1  49.22%  48.84%   0.38% { 3d3c }

Postflop Equity:

Board: J:spade: 5:diamond: 3:spade:
             Equity     Win     Tie
      UTG    26.46%  26.46%   0.00% { KsQs }
      UTG+1  73.54%  73.54%   0.00% { 3d3c }

About Question #3:
      There are few situations on turn:
      a) If we take just odds for the FD and we take into account that all our odds are clean. There which means:
      Total Pot = $0,91 ; We have to Call = $0,22 -> According to that it means we are getting ~4,16:1 odds. For flushdraw we would need 4:1. Which tells us that we are getting perfect odds.
      b) If we consider the opponent having sets here:
      Which means we have to discount outs, for example 6 and also 3. Which means we have 7 clean outs. Which means that we need 6:1 odds. That tells us that we need ~$0,41 on river to make it profitable. If we expect the opponent being loose enough and being able to pay us no-matter what then we can do the Call here properly.
      c) We might even have overcards as outs or even 4 as a out:
      Although this kind of situation ain't that likely. I'd rather discount that one and either pick a) or b). Most likely towards Call.

You are doing great progress! Some more points earned.
    • Bogdan1190
      Bogdan1190
      Bronze
      Homework #4

Question 1: Post a hand for evaluation in which you have the initiative postflop.
      Homework # 4

Question 2: Evaluate one of the hands submitted by other members
      Evaluation

Question 3: You are on the flop with KQ. The board cards are J, 9, 8, and your opponent holds 77. What is your equity in this spot?

41.41% KsQd
      58.59% 7h7c

So i guess here is underdog :)
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Good job! Homework #4 Done!

This weeks homework was a bit easier. But the idea of that is to help you go through last weeks stuff if you didn't go through everything. Or either way maybe even read some more articles, watch some videos and of course attend in the coaching. What will also help for your game is the evaluation part of other members hands and of course posting your own hands.

If you have interests you could try calculating the equity with a formula which you can use even on tables(either playing online or live poker):
      (Amount of outs x 4) – (Amount of outs – 8) = Your Equity

About Question #3:

Board: J:spade: 9:club: 8:heart:
             Equity     Win     Tie
      UTG    41.41%  41.41%   0.00% { KsQd }
      UTG+1  58.59%  58.59%   0.00% { 7h7c }

Hopefully this wasn't too easy homework for you. Some more points earned.