Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      BB:
      $8
      Hero:
      $12.62

0.05/0.1 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Elephant.Base 0.98 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with A:spade: , J:spade:
      2 folds, Hero raises to $0.35, 5 folds, BB calls $0.25.

Flop: ($0.75) J:club: , 7:club: , 3:spade: (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero bets $0.5, BB raises to $1.10, Hero calls $0.60.

Turn: ($2.95) 8:heart: (2 players)
      BB bets $2.1, Hero calls $2.10.

River: ($7.15) 5:diamond: (2 players)
      BB bets $4.45 (All-In), Hero calls $4.45.

Final Pot: $16.05

Results follow (highlight to see):
      Hero shows (As Js)
      BB shows a pair of aces (Ah Ad)

BB wins with a pair of aces (Ah Ad)

Any thoughts? Where can I get away from this? Obviously on the river I was almost certain I was dead, could I fold even on the flop here or should I really be calling and c/fing turns that dont improve me?
  • 2 replies
    • Sinnology
      Sinnology
      Global
      Hes flop c/raise looks really strong, and I think I would just fold it preflop.
      Our hand can hardly improve and probably we will be faced with serouls agression on later streets,which we cannot pay.
      I think hes range here sets: 22,77,JJ(hard but not impossible tho-we have blocker and JJ is good enough to raise preflop, plays hard OOP especially with OC) and slowplayed QQ+.
      So folding this on flop in most cases will save us tons of money and problems.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Pilks7,

Well, the problem is that even if you Call it on flop then you practically ain't gonna beat a lot on turn. I'd there be rather inclined to fold my hand than continue.

At some spots it might be even safer to fold it right on flop. But if you expect him to pick such lines with draws/Jx hands even then it's possible to Call once and reevaluate it on turn. Although it's usually the case that they don't overplay their TP type of hands and play them rather passively. :)

Best regards.