This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] NL5 SH 76s steal hitting middle pair

• Tomaloc
      Tomaloc
      Bronze
      Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      BB:
      $4,13
      Hero:
      $4,97

0,03/0,05 No-Limit Hold'em (5 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy.com Elephant 0.102 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is CO with 7:spade: , 6:spade:
      MP3 folds, Hero raises to $0,18, 2 folds, BB calls $0,13.

Flop: ($0,39) J:spade: , 6:club: , 3:diamond: (2 players)
      BB bets $0,05, Hero raises to $0,19, BB calls $0,14.
      on first thought i should have made it $0,24, on second thought maybe not since i don't think he'll call many worse or fold many (if any) better on this super dry board anyway

Turn: ($0,77) 5:diamond: (2 players)
      BB bets $0,05, Hero raises to $0,10, BB calls $0,05.
      this nonsense line serves two (or is it three) purposes :f_p:
      - pot control and free (ops, cheap) showdown, if he has some kind of monster hand i induce him to minbet again :f_biggrin:
      - it messes up opponents' hud stats :f_biggrin:

i don't think there's any value here :f_frown: the flop offers only one OESD and random gutshots, of course wouldn't be surprised if he chases them but he's much more likely to have a pair

River: ($0,97) 9:diamond: (2 players)
      BB bets $0,05, Hero calls $0,05.

Final Pot: $1,07

Results follow (highlight to see):
      Hero shows (7s 6s)
      BB shows a pair of jacks (As Jh)

BB wins with a pair of jacks (As Jh)
  • 1 reply
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Tomaloc,

Of course flop line is fine against his min-donk. :> But the question is if it's really reasonable to raise it on turn, even min-raise. I'd rather take the implied odds and reevaluate it on river. :) We might still get 3bet and which would be horrible for us. :D

Abuse those opponents when they are giving great odds for a draw or even 2pairs etc type of hands.

Best regards.