UTG checks, Hero bets $1.80, UTG raises to $5.20, Hero calls $3.40

RIVER ($13.50) 2:heart: J:diamond: 5:spade: 4:club: 8:spade:

UTG checks, Hero checks

23/19/4
      wtsd 29
      cbet 70
      cbet turn 50 (12)
      hands 474

I called his c/r on turn because I think he should not do that with strong hands. He is missing value against Jx.

If he checks to induce bluff, he should just call, he is not gaining value by raising my bluff. So I thought this might be a bluff.
  • 3 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello SPeedFANat1c,

Well, if you expect him to be aggressive enough to even take such lines. If you expect you to float a lot and your image might be like that. Then sure why not. Although against UTG range is kinda close. He may sometimes even do it with overpairs.

One option what I sometimes do like to take is to Check behind on turn while we wont get called anyways from his A high type of hands or anything similar. Although he might lever himself on river to Call against us and obviously not only with Ax hands but as well a lot of worse PPs.

Best regards.
    • SPeedFANat1c
      SPeedFANat1c
      Gold
      Although against UTG range is kinda close.

Its actually MP, when there is no real UTG, then holdeme manager makes MP = UTG.

Somehow I was almost sure - if I bet, he will definitely raise my bet, because my bet does not make sense for him, he just thinks - this is a float. I remember such situation, just don't remember if this guy raised me on turn or some others. Very often - if I want to float they start raising. I also was thinking maybe don't even bet, but his wtsd is 29, so I thought I could get value from him.

Or if I check turn and river is overcard? Then I might easily be bluffed, because its hard to call, there is many overcards in his range, kings and queens. Or maybe not, becasue there is less of some combos - KJ, QJ, AJ. So I guess I could call the river very often even on scare card. There could be many PP in his range which I beat. And he might have worse jacks, and he might want to control pot, so check turn, bet river.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Well our plan on turn with the Check behind can even be to do it for bluff-induce. :) So I wouldn't worried much about the overcard since it may be good bluff-card for him as well.