This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

AFq and AF

• yankee92
      yankee92
      Bronze
      Can anyone out there be kind enough to give me a clear definition of AFq and AF and if possible give me examples of where they come into play with our decisions in a hand?

I always got confused when they were explained to me in RL, and i'm not really using those stats anyways and would like to start giving them propper use.

Thank you
  • 4 replies
    • jdnismo
      jdnismo
      Bronze
      AF is the ratio of bets + raises to calls. So if a player has an AF of 1, they make the same amount of bets + raises as they do calls. If you've seen someone make 25 bets, 15 raises, and 10 calls on the flop, their flop AF will be 4.0 ((25+15)/10).

AFq is (# of bets + # of raises) / (# of bets + # of raises + # of calls + # of folds).
      So it's the number of their aggressive actions expressed as a percentage of their total actions.

AF can be harder to interpret because a nit could have a high AF just because he plays fit/fold postflop and only plays 15% of his hands, and this could lead you to think he is a maniac, but he really isn't. AFq gives you a clearer idea of someone's aggression.
    • denetomtom
      denetomtom
      Bronze
      Thanks jdnismo, I too was struggling with this but your explanation has made it really clear now.

Thankyou
    • yankee92
      yankee92
      Bronze
      Originally posted by jdnismo
      AF is the ratio of bets + raises to calls. So if a player has an AF of 1, they make the same amount of bets + raises as they do calls. If you've seen someone make 25 bets, 15 raises, and 10 calls on the flop, their flop AF will be 4.0 ((25+15)/10).

AFq is (# of bets + # of raises) / (# of bets + # of raises + # of calls + # of folds).
      So it's the number of their aggressive actions expressed as a percentage of their total actions.

AF can be harder to interpret because a nit could have a high AF just because he plays fit/fold postflop and only plays 15% of his hands, and this could lead you to think he is a maniac, but he really isn't. AFq gives you a clearer idea of someone's aggression.
      Thank you! Really well explained, exactly what i was looking for.
    • jdnismo
      jdnismo
      Bronze
      No prob :D