AFq and AF

• yankee92
      yankee92
      Bronze
      Can anyone out there be kind enough to give me a clear definition of AFq and AF and if possible give me examples of where they come into play with our decisions in a hand?

I always got confused when they were explained to me in RL, and i'm not really using those stats anyways and would like to start giving them propper use.

Thank you
  • 4 replies
    • jdnismo
      jdnismo
      Bronze
      AF is the ratio of bets + raises to calls. So if a player has an AF of 1, they make the same amount of bets + raises as they do calls. If you've seen someone make 25 bets, 15 raises, and 10 calls on the flop, their flop AF will be 4.0 ((25+15)/10).

AFq is (# of bets + # of raises) / (# of bets + # of raises + # of calls + # of folds).
      So it's the number of their aggressive actions expressed as a percentage of their total actions.

AF can be harder to interpret because a nit could have a high AF just because he plays fit/fold postflop and only plays 15% of his hands, and this could lead you to think he is a maniac, but he really isn't. AFq gives you a clearer idea of someone's aggression.
    • denetomtom
      denetomtom
      Bronze
      Thanks jdnismo, I too was struggling with this but your explanation has made it really clear now.

Thankyou
    • yankee92
      yankee92
      Bronze
      Originally posted by jdnismo
      AF is the ratio of bets + raises to calls. So if a player has an AF of 1, they make the same amount of bets + raises as they do calls. If you've seen someone make 25 bets, 15 raises, and 10 calls on the flop, their flop AF will be 4.0 ((25+15)/10).

AFq is (# of bets + # of raises) / (# of bets + # of raises + # of calls + # of folds).
      So it's the number of their aggressive actions expressed as a percentage of their total actions.

AF can be harder to interpret because a nit could have a high AF just because he plays fit/fold postflop and only plays 15% of his hands, and this could lead you to think he is a maniac, but he really isn't. AFq gives you a clearer idea of someone's aggression.
      Thank you! Really well explained, exactly what i was looking for.
    • jdnismo
      jdnismo
      Bronze
      No prob :D