This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] [NL2 FR BSS] Top pair vs mid-stack fish

• Elertar
      Elertar
      Bronze
      Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      BB:
      $0,95
      Hero:
      $2,36

0,01/0,02 No-Limit Hold'em (7 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy.com Elephant 0.104 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is CO with A:club: , Q:spade:
      3 folds, Hero raises to $0,08, 2 folds, BB raises to $0,19, Hero calls $0,11.

Flop: ($0,39) A:spade: , J:club: , 8:spade: (2 players)
      BB bets $0,09, Hero raises to $0,38, BB raises to $0,67 Hero ???

Pre-flop I decided to call, as it is a blind-stealing situation.

On the flop, what about my raise? Is it OK to raise for protection over such small bet? And when he 3-bets should I call?

Equity Win Tie
      CO 38.59% 29.57% 9.03% AcQs
      BB 61.41% 52.38% 9.03% JJ, 88, ATs+, ATo+

I think I have enough equity to call. Thank you!
  • 1 reply
    • Wriggers
      Wriggers
      Bronze
      I wouldn't say the raise on the flop is for protection, i'd say it's more for value. Btw protection isn't a good enough reason for raising/betting ;)

I would definitely be raising this flop though, what to do versus the 3bet is a different matter though and depends mainly on whether villain is bad-passive or bad-aggressive.

If he's bad-aggressive just ship it over the top of him and expect to get called by any flushdraw/top pair and even a few Jx hands.

If he's bad-passive just fold it here and now because you just know he has AJ/JJ/88 :)