How to unlock the Starting Capital?

• batosz
      batosz
      Bronze
      Hi everyone,

I recently received my $50 starting capital and now I realise that I have to play a lot in order to unlock it. I have 70 days left to play such that I produce at least $44.5 rake.

I don't have too much experience, only played around 1K hands so far and obviously I'm still at the lower limits.

Unfortunately, besides uni I only have limited time to play poker.

What do you think the best way would be to unlock my starting capital?

I've been playing some SnG's and NL BSS cash games.
  • 13 replies
    • UPAY4DINNER
      UPAY4DINNER
      Silver
      Hey batosz,

Can you tell me at what Poker Site you are playing and I will try to give you some options so you can clear the capital successfully :)

Kind regards,
      Gary
    • batosz
      batosz
      Bronze
      Yes, sorry I didn't include.

I play on PartyPoker, so far NL2 BSS and $1 SnG's.
      In NL2 the rake is $0.01 per $0.10 pot.
      In SnG's the $1 inculdes $0.2 rake.

Thanks
    • UPAY4DINNER
      UPAY4DINNER
      Silver
      No problem,

So you need to earn 100 Party Points in order to unlock the bonus.

As it's very hard to calculate rake at cash games, I can only give you some insight into the SNGs.

You get 2 Party Points per $1 rake, so you are correct in saying you need to rake $50 dollars to earn 100 Party Points :)

- You would have to play 250 SNGs with .20c rake to earn 100 Party Points.

250 SNGs sounds like an awful amount, but when you have 70 days left that means you'd need to average 3.5 SNGs per day to clear the bonus, which isn't that bad :)

As you have stated you have already cleared $5.50 rake so that reduces your numbers a bit too:

$45.50/.20c = 227.5 SNGs
      227.5/70 = 3.25 SNGs per day

That's just an option for you :)

I really hope this was helpful and I also hope it makes sense to you and if you require any more assistance don't be afraid to ask :)

All the best,
      Gary
    • GAS852
      GAS852
      Bronze
      Play DoN (Double or Nothing) SNGs.
    • batosz
      batosz
      Bronze
      Thanks Gary!

3.25 SnG's a day sound manageable. Do you know how many hands on average they are? I'm tempted to play the turbo ones.

I made a quick estimate about NL games. At my present rate I make $1.68 / 1000 hands rake, so I'd need to play around 26K hands, 370 hands a day. That's too much considering that fairly new to the game to start multi-tabling.

I'd love to play DoN's but they are not available on the low limits at PartyPoker! Do you have a good win rate there, GAS852?
    • fruktpuff
      fruktpuff
      Bronze
      Indeed I believe, sadly, that the DoN SnG's only start at $6 buyins and up.
    • UPAY4DINNER
      UPAY4DINNER
      Silver
      Yeah, I think 3.25 games a day is very manageable but remember don't over-stretch yourself too hard.

Any time I have rushed to clear a bonus or something, I have always rushed and it has damaged my bankroll, so if I was you I would establish a plan or a goal on how I would achieve this - without killing myself :)

Kind regards,
      Gary
    • batosz
      batosz
      Bronze
      Haha, PartyPoker has just changed its SnG rake structure, which I guess is good news for most people, but not for me :P

http://www.pokerstrategy.com/news/world-of-poker/PartyPoker-STT-Rake-Reductions_51602/

Anyway, it should be alright, I'm over-performing my plan :)
    • minibiff
      minibiff
      Bronze
      Originally posted by batosz
      Haha, PartyPoker has just changed its SnG rake structure, which I guess is good news for most people, but not for me :P

http://www.pokerstrategy.com/news/world-of-poker/PartyPoker-STT-Rake-Reductions_51602/

Anyway, it should be alright, I'm over-performing my plan :)
      Great :)
    • UPAY4DINNER
      UPAY4DINNER
      Silver
      How is the SNG quest going Batosz?
    • batosz
      batosz
      Bronze
      Originally posted by HollyMichelle
      Hey, it's been going well actually, played on average 5 SnG's a day for the past few days. I'm planning to play as much as possible during the week-end. Unfortunately, the rake is going to decrease as of Monday, which means I'll have to play 25% more.

It's all good though, I'm enjoying it, making some profit: ROI = 20%. I might start multi-tabling soon, although it's seems much more challenging for SnG's than for normal cash games.

What are you playing, Gary?
    • UPAY4DINNER
      UPAY4DINNER
      Silver
      Originally posted by batosz
      Originally posted by HollyMichelle
      Hey, it's been going well actually, played on average 5 SnG's a day for the past few days. I'm planning to play as much as possible during the week-end. Unfortunately, the rake is going to decrease as of Monday, which means I'll have to play 25% more.

It's all good though, I'm enjoying it, making some profit: ROI = 20%. I might start multi-tabling soon, although it's seems much more challenging for SnG's than for normal cash games.

What are you playing, Gary?
      Glad to hear it's going well mate :)

The STT Rake change is a bit of bad timing in your case but you've been playing above the amount you needed daily so that helps.

If you don't feel comfortable multi-tabling yet, there is no rush really. It will all come in time my friend. If you do start, just add a table gradually and see how it goes really.

ATM, I'm currently not playing much, just recreationally really. I played 200 SNGs about a month ago, the daily grind was getting to me and I wasn't focused enough.

Too much going on in my RL atm to play so I'm happy to moderate and watch you guys do all the playing for me :)

Keep up the good run :)

Gary
    • IngridN
      IngridN
      Bronze
      Hi guys,

I just want to inform you that we have moved your thread into the Beginners Question board, because that is where it belongs :)

Ingrid