[NL2-NL10] My first hand Posted... I dont know what to title this!

• Urielz
      Urielz
      Bronze
      I only played this hand as a was the BB. Facing no raise i decided to check and see the flop; 2 K's and a J. I checked being worried that he had a king, or J with a better kicker. When he checked back to me i thought i may have a better hand, so when he min-raised the turn i re-raised, which he called.
      The min-raise on the river was supposed to be a blockbet, as i was now worried about his hand.

I guess my question is, how was my play, considering the information i was given? All feedback appreciated,

Urielz

Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      Hero:
      $2.14
      BU:
      $0.95

0.01/0.02 No-Limit Hold'em (5 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy.com Elephant 0.102 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BB with J:club: , 2:diamond:
      2 folds, BU calls $0.02, SB folds, Hero checks.

Flop: ($0.05) K:spade: , K:club: , J:spade: (2 players)
      Hero checks, BU checks.

Turn: ($0.05) 3:spade: (2 players)
      Hero checks, BU bets $0.02, Hero raises to $0.08, BU calls $0.06.

River: ($0.21) T:heart: (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.02, BU calls $0.02.

Final Pot: $0.25

Results follow (highlight to see):
      BU shows two-pair, aces and kings (Ah As)
      Hero shows (Jc 2d)

BU wins with two-pair, aces and kings (Ah As)
  • 1 reply
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Urielz,

Welcome to the NL Hand Evaluation Forum! Hopefully we will see more hands from you in the future. I hope that with our help you can improve your play and as well move up the limits. We will be waiting for the next hands and till that good luck on tables!

Flop: Bet it right on flop. We need to protect our hand and find out where we stand.

As played
      Turn: Check/raising here is overplayed, you are just turning your hand into bluff.

As played
      River: Check/Fold it, not much worse will call you anyways.

Oh and into title you could just put what limit you play, what hand you played and small intro. Like you see the others are doing. :P

Best regards.