Struggle at the Party

• ArkhamAsylum
      ArkhamAsylum
      Bronze
      Party Poker is insane, I literally can not win, I am called down loads and granted sometimes I do not have the best hand but that is poker, or I have to fold hands I don't want to as I feel someone has caught something. Please note I am going with decent starting hands and from what I have seen was winning up to the river in most cases, just I can't get people to leave the pots and they hit with weird crazy cards. I have withdrew my funds from this site as it is nothing like pokerstars( where I win at this level) Graphs to prove this.

No matter what i bet I am getting multiple callers before the flop and they just keep calling me down, the rage I have felt as I can't get them to leave the pot ( multiple people) and one of them hit with something insane. 2 cent tables full ring I played there.

Did anyone else find this to be a problem ??? this site literally shocked the sugar out of me :s_evil:
  • 6 replies
    • MatejM47
      MatejM47
      Black
      [img][IMG]https://img827.imageshack.us/img827/8716/septemberu.jpg[/IMG] Uploaded with ImageShack.us[/img]

This month on party. Makes you feel any better?
    • ArkhamAsylum
      ArkhamAsylum
      Bronze
      sweet mother of god, and you are a platinum here ;(
    • MatejM47
      MatejM47
      Black
      My winrate on those limits is 6bb over last 300k hands.
    • pzhon
      pzhon
      Bronze
      You need to learn how to beat bad players. To win, you do not yell at them to play better, you learn how to exploit bad play effectively. If they are calling stations, you value bet relentlessly. This does not mean you wait for the nuts, and then bet like mad. It means you value bet with hands which would not be strong enough to bet for value against more selective opponents, but which are correct value bets against these players. You stop making marginal bluffs and semibluffs.

Many of your opponents don't understand position or pot odds. How can you take advantage of this? Use position, use bet sizes, and make proper calls when they give you implied odds.
    • Scooney
      Scooney
      Bronze
      To be honest I don't know what NL2 tables you're playing on but I've found it to be the complete opposite of how you describe. The pot is regularly folded round to me and my pre-flop raises a lot. I get maybe one two callers when I do get a call and the cbet i've found to be very effective.

My stats are VPIP 16% PFR 11% and i'm winning 26BB/100.

I do sympathise though as I found this exact problem on PKR and it was infuriating.
    • Zareos
      Zareos
      Bronze
      A couple things Arkham...

1. AWESOME USERNAME, cannot wait til the next game comes out this Autumn

2. Study, study, study... especially the article: "The 8 types of players and how to take their money". I was kind of in the same situation as you, and was getting frustrated when my cbets were being called down left right and centre. This article helped me to adapt my game to differing players (and take them all to the cleaners),

3. If you're a good player (I think you are based on what you've said) you will win. Poker is like a shitty hollywood film.... in the long run - good always beats bad!

Keep the faith! :f_cool: