[NL2-NL10] NL2 AQo vs SB

• clandestineAl
      clandestineAl
      Bronze
      Good fold? should I have folded to reraise on the flop?

Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      SB:
      $8.51
      Hero:
      $3.6

0.01/0.02 No-Limit Hold'em (8 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy.com Elephant 0.102 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is UTG2 with A:heart: , Q:club:
      Hero raises to $0.08, 5 folds, SB calls $0.07, BB folds.

Flop: ($0.18) Q:diamond: , 5:heart: , 4:spade: (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $0.13, SB raises to $0.26, Hero calls $0.13.

Turn: ($0.70) J:heart: (2 players)
      SB bets $0.16, Hero calls $0.16.

River: ($1.02) 2:heart: (2 players)
      SB bets $3.1, Hero folds, SB gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $1.02
  • 3 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello clandestineAl,

Kinda interesting, haven't realized that you got Gold. Is it your first time? If so then congrats and even if not then still congrats. :) Hopefully you enjoy it.

Flop: Well, against a min-raise shouldn't be even a problem to Call it since he may even do that with TP. Plus of course we can still easily get away on turn if he even decides to bet it bigger.
      Turn: Nothing much to add, raising would be anyways overplayed.
      River: Nice set up from him. :D Easy fold.

Best regards.
    • clandestineAl
      clandestineAl
      Bronze
      yes I am trying to play at least 1000 to 2000 hands per day and really work on my game as much as possible. It's my first time so I am trying to make the most of all the gold stuff available to me right now.

As for the hand, I could see what he was trying to do before he did it. I knew he doesn't get that stack size from not knowing how to play against people. The flop was him testing how strong a hand I had, the turn ws him trying to give me more confidence in the strength of my own hand and the river was the confusing bet which he wanted to make me call. I think he played it very well because I can see how that would make other people call
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Nice, 1-2k hands is good sample. :) If you can keep holding that kind of sample then I am pretty sure you will do great in long run. Good luck in it! One of the hard parts for a lot of poker players is to put volume. ;)

But as you see most of the top players have played lot of hands and which proves that with small sample you wont beat the variance. :P