Blind battle. OESD on the BB, SB bets

• Giova86
      Giova86
      Bronze
      Hello Strategists !!

I've lost a big pot in the late phase of a 40 players live tourney :(

I wonder if I played well, from the Big Blind. Please tell me what you think !!!

All players fold, Small Blinds (smart&aggressive player) calls, I have 45o and check.

Flop is 776, with 2 diamonds. Now the pot is 1600, and SB goes out betting 800.

I have 6900 chips left, and decide to call and see the turn.

Turn is A. SB bets 1200, I call.

River J. SB bets 1200, I fold.

SB shows 94s

I played this hand passively, and SB told me I should have raised, but I didn't want to lose my tourney on an OESD. I felt he would have called my raise.

He was very happy and told me he put me on a draw, but I had very good odds and implied odds to call so I think I played well.

Should I have had the guts to go allin at the river?

ty ty ty, your opinion is higly appreciated !!
  • 10 replies
    • joeldowey123
      joeldowey123
      Bronze
      ship that flop!
    • Giova86
      Giova86
      Bronze
      ok but just calling I could see that my straight was done and double-up, or just fold losing little....
    • matel17
      matel17
      Bronze
      I think by the way you played it you weren't going to get any value had you made your straight since your immediate aggression would be somewhat obvious. If you're playing the hand, a show of aggression somewhere along the line would have helped especially if you think you have good fold equity.

I was going to say I disagree with shipping the flop but it seems that you had 10 big blinds left so yea, either push AI flop or fold.

Just my opinion though; wait for the better players (preferably a coach) to tell you.
    • joeldowey123
      joeldowey123
      Bronze
      Originally posted by matel17
      I think by the way you played it you weren't going to get any value had you made your straight since your immediate aggression would be somewhat obvious. If you're playing the hand, a show of aggression somewhere along the line would have helped especially if you think you have good fold equity.

I was going to say I disagree with shipping the flop but it seems that you had 10 big blinds left so yea, either push AI flop or fold.

Just my opinion though; wait for the better players (preferably a coach) to tell you.
      thats the reason i mentioned it, he was short stacked

if my calculation is right the BB is 800 and you only have 7000 left, you cant call off over half your stack!

i would either be getting it in or folding!
    • Giova86
      Giova86
      Bronze
      thanks guys.

Everyone agrees then - allin at the flop?

Please let us know moderators !!!
    • Giova86
      Giova86
      Bronze
      ?

noone replies :(
    • thazar
      thazar
      Silver
      Originally posted by Giova86
      thanks guys.

Everyone agrees then - allin at the flop?

Please let us know moderators !!!
      Having the moderator avatar does not mean we are good at poker :D . A lot of members are a lot more experienced than us :f_biggrin: . So do value their opinions

:f_cool:

Regards

Thazar
    • luzzy
      luzzy
      Global
      i wouldnt ship the flop but the turn, he never has an Ace and you can rep it better then him, also you could have slowplayed a 7. If he has a hand at all then he probably has a 6, but most likely he has air.If you see him as an aggresive player you can even go thus far that you call flop n turn and shove any river to create the biggest amount of dead money. The problem with that is that he can bluff shove the river and you are not able to call then. I think the optimal line is to either raise the flop and fold to a shove or to call the flop with the intension to shove good turn cards, like a K Q A J
    • minibiff
      minibiff
      Bronze
      Originally posted by luzzy
      i wouldnt ship the flop but the turn, he never has an Ace and you can rep it better then him, also you could have slowplayed a 7. If he has a hand at all then he probably has a 6, but most likely he has air.If you see him as an aggresive player you can even go thus far that you call flop n turn and shove any river to create the biggest amount of dead money. The problem with that is that he can bluff shove the river and you are not able to call then. I think the optimal line is to either raise the flop and fold to a shove or to call the flop with the intension to shove good turn cards, like a K Q A J
      ¨

Yeah, this is my line
    • purplefizz
      purplefizz
      Bronze
      hi guys,

moving this to mtt strategy discussion where it belongs :)

smiles,
      wendy