Stat Analysis NL2

• Elertar
      Elertar
      Bronze
      Good evening!

I've played 6658 hands on NL2 in PartyPoker and I haven't been successful. Now I'm trying to analyze what went wrong.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

In this graph I can see that my EV and my Non Showdown Winnings are not good.

My stats:

About the stats I can see that my VPIP is a little low, but I'm not sure if I should widen my preflop range if there are serious leaks in my play. Besides, I can see that my aggression factor is quite high, which I don't know if it's good or not.

Any thoughts? Thank you!
  • 8 replies
    • keoghh
      keoghh
      Bronze
      Im maybe not the best person to analyse your stats, but from a glance i would say your C-bet % is too high and your Fold vs C-bet % is also too high, also is this FR or SH??
    • Elertar
      Elertar
      Bronze
      It's FR.

Thank you for your comment. That's interesting. I can work it out. I always c-bet against 1 opponent and I think that's ok, but I can c-bet less against several opponents.

Regarding my fold vs c-bet what should I do? Are there any standard guidelines about this topic?
    • keoghh
      keoghh
      Bronze
      As you will learn in the silver strategy articles (very helpful, suggest you read them when you get them which shudnt be too hard) not every flop is right to c bet, and some flops are c bet for different reasons (value,protection etc).

Against several opponents i would refraine from c betting too much unless you have a strong made hand as chances are higher someone else will aswell, against a single opponent, bad flops to c bet are draw heavy flops eg( 5 6 7, 2 hearts) would be a bad flop to c bet, especiallyy against multiple opponents, good flops to c bet are those with just one high card which you can try represent.

I too fold to much to c bets, ie give to much credit, so when i have a hand such as overcards to the flop then a call on the flop may be the better move and most times you may still be ahead, and you still have good equity to make a strong hand.

Tried to summarise parts of the silver articles about c betting, also bear in mind who has the initiative. Hope this helped and someones else may be able to give better advice as this advice is basically all in the silver articles. :)
    • Elertar
      Elertar
      Bronze
      Great! I think I can get to Silver today... Just 9 points left.
    • pzhon
      pzhon
      Bronze
      I don't think it's a big problem to cbet 90% of the time if you are getting so many folds. However, that might point to betting an amount which is too large. Are you making pot-sized cbets?

One missed opportunity stands out. You should be stealing much more often from the button than 28%. There should be a much larger gap between your CO steal rate of 21% and your button steal rate. There are only two people who can find a hand against you when you raise on the button, and you have position on them both potflop.

You might be defending the small blind too often after a steal raise. You are in the worst position and are not getting much of a discount, but I think you are defending with some hands behind the raisers' ranges.
    • Elertar
      Elertar
      Bronze
      I only cbet with pot-size when I have a hand (e.g. top pair) and the board is quite drawy and there are 2 or more opponents. The rest of the time I cbet 1/2 pot when the board is dry and I have a hand, 2/3 when the board is dry and I don't have a hand and 3/4 or a little bit more when the board is drawy. Should I bet smaller?

Regarding the blind-stealing, on the small blind I've seen in some videos that you can steal with a very wide range and I've been trying to do so lately. But on the button, I have been playing just the hands of the SHC. So, for instance, can I steal from the button with offsuit connectors and AXo hands, besides the face cards offsuit (which I already play)?

Regarding the small blind defense, is TT+, AK a suitable range for 3bet? Should I call anything else that pocket pairs with call20 rule? And on the BB defense, is 88+, AJ+ a good range for 3bet? And same question, should I call anything else than PPs?

Thank you!
    • bjela
      bjela
      Bronze
      Regarding the steal from the button. Yeah you can steal with those hands (and a lot of others), especially if the blinds are not defending. Basically if you have nits in the blinds, you can steal any two cards and show a profit. Even if they call pre-flop and fold to a lot of c-bets you can do the same.
    • pzhon
      pzhon
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Elertar
      I only cbet with pot-size when I have a hand (e.g. top pair) and the board is quite drawy and there are 2 or more opponents. The rest of the time I cbet 1/2 pot when the board is dry and I have a hand, 2/3 when the board is dry and I don't have a hand and 3/4 or a little bit more when the board is drawy. Should I bet smaller?
      At the moment you might be able to get away with betting different amounts based on whether you hit or not. However, some observant players will exploit this later.

Your cbet sizes might be on the large side, particularly against players who don't 3-bet much so they have strong hands in their calling ranges.

Regarding the blind-stealing, on the small blind I've seen in some videos that you can steal with a very wide range and I've been trying to do so lately.
      Yes, you can steal very widely from the SB in soft games. This is not solid poker, it's an exploitative play. If you move up, by NL $200 don't open ATC from the SB since NL $200 players defend much more often against SB steals.

But on the button, I have been playing just the hands of the SHC. So, for instance, can I steal from the button with offsuit connectors and AXo hands, besides the face cards offsuit (which I already play)?
      The SHC is conservative. You should find it quite profitable to open with a much wider range. Even hands like J7o may be profitable from the button, depending on your opponents, but whether your opponents are tight or loose you should be able to open with at least a 35% range with full stacks. Against many players you can profitably open 60% or even ATC on the button, but start by expanding your button steal range to 35%.

Regarding the small blind defense, is TT+, AK a suitable range for 3bet? Should I call anything else that pocket pairs with call20 rule? And on the BB defense, is 88+, AJ+ a good range for 3bet? And same question, should I call anything else than PPs?
      Right now, you are defending the SB 17% of the time. The range 22+ AK is 7%. So, more than half of the time you are defending the small blind against a raise, you don't have AK or a pair.

Low pairs are actually not so good for defending against steal raises because you too often have a bluffcatcher and no idea what hand your opponent has, and when you hit a set you don't get paid off enough.

If your opponents are raising with a tight range, you might simply give up the small blind any time you can't 3-bet for value. However, if they are raising with a wide range, then hands like KQs and AJs will dominate them more than they will get dominated, and you may be able to defend the small blind with hands like that, either calling or 3-betting. Again, 17% SB defenses suggest that you are defending too often and don't see how difficult it is to defend the SB profitably.