Known players:      
      UTG1:
      $5
      CO:
      $6.16
      Hero:
      $4.15

0.02/0.05 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy.com Elephant 0.102 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BU with Q:heart: , Q:diamond: . CO posts a blind of $0.05.
      UTG1 raises to $0.20, 4 folds, CO calls $0.15, Hero calls $0.20, 2 folds.

If the CO didn't call I would have raised for sure but now he has called I don't want to put in another raise because if UTG1 shoves and CO calls I think I have to fold here.
      If I just call I can see the flop and see what happens from there.
      Is my thinking here ok or am I completely wrong and I should always be raising in this situation?

Many thanks in advance for your help.
  • 4 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello pea1984,

Welcome to the NL Hand Evaluation Forum! Hopefully we will see more hands from you in the future. I hope that with our help you can improve your play and as well move up the limits. We will be waiting for the next hands and till that good luck on tables!

First of all add to full stack while playing BSS. :)

Well, the problem with 3betting in this spot is that if we do that we can't be sure if we are doing it for value. If you are using Elephant then you should be able to turn stats on by clicking somewhere near the PS button Stats then it will turn on the stats. And we could say either we can do it for value or not.

Although your line by playing it passively and even having position is totally fine. UTG ranges are usually rather stronger.

Best regards.
    • pea1984
      pea1984
      Bronze
      Hi veriz,

Thanks for taking a look.

I bought in for 5$ but didn't top back up after playing a few hands, I will try to remember to keep topped up in future :D

I'm pretty new to using Elephant so will make sure I turn this on for the future, never used stats before too so I am still trying to learn what they mean and how to interpret them.

Ok so I have the hand here with stats turned on

Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      UTG1:
      $5
      CO:
      $6.16
      Hero:
      $4.15

0.02/0.05 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy.com Elephant 0.102 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BU with Q:heart: , Q:diamond: . CO posts a blind of $0.05.
      UTG1 raises to $0.20, 4 folds, CO calls $0.15, Hero calls $0.20, 2 folds.

Would knowing these change the way I should have played the hand at all?
      Like I said, pretty new to this sort of thing so all your help is much appreciated.
    • Wriggers
      Wriggers
      Bronze
      Taking a look at the stats then i'd say either line would be fine, either a 3bet preflop (Which ideally would force UTG1 to fold a hand with decent equity against ours and keep the CO fish in the hand HU with us :) ) or a passive calling line.

Despite the small sample size UTG1 doesn't look like a fish, but CO does. Oh, another thing, since UTG1 seems like a TAG sort of player I think if we 3bet here and UTG1 calls we can be sure our hand is either ahead of his or we're flipping vs AK, since he will most likely 4bet his KK and AA hands. So if we 3bet and get called, we can try to put him on a normal TAGs 3bet calling range of (for example) TT-QQ, AQs and AKo (I think AKs 4bets preflop).

Just some food for thought :) If you have any more questions about the stats don't hesitate to ask :)
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Well, I guess I'd still go for a Call. For the given reason that we don't have that many stats anyways on the opponent and if he decides to 4bet against us then we just wont know where we stand with our hand and at the best might get a coinflip. :)