Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      Hero:
      $4
      BU:
      $4

0.02/0.04 No-Limit Hold'em (7 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy.com Elephant 0.103 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with A:diamond: , 7:diamond:
      Hero raises to $0.12, 3 folds, BU calls $0.12, 2 folds.

Flop: ($0.30) Q:diamond: , 6:spade: , 5:heart: (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.21, BU calls $0.21.

Turn: ($0.72) 3:spade: (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.51, BU calls $0.51.

River: ($1.74) 4:heart: (2 players)
      Hero checks, BU bets $1.66, Hero raises to $3.16 (All-In), BU calls $1.50 (All-In).

Final Pot: $8.06

Results follow (highlight to see):
      Hero shows a straight, seven high (Ad 7d)
      BU shows (5s 5d)

Hero wins with a straight, seven high (Ad 7d)

The board was dry and the opponent seemed pretty bad, I thought i would double barrel him and stop at the river
      was this correct play????
  • 4 replies
    • clandestineAl
      clandestineAl
      Bronze
      I don't understand checking the river when you finally have a hand. I would have cbet the flop and then given up.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello riskcore,

Well, while being against a station-like guy I'd rather just Check it on turn and most likely give it up. We can't even be sure that he is folding nay weaker PPs/pairs.

As played definitely bet the river, most of the time he might just Check it behind even with his TP. And which we don't want to, guess even shipping would be better or either way just making a normal bet.

Best regards.
    • riskcore
      riskcore
      Bronze
      thx for replies guys,

is it always bad to check on river when you have hand? I thought feigning weakness on the river make it look like a bluff gone bad ( which it was, until the river hit) would get more value, as he was very likely to have a good hand after calling 2 bets, or is this always a bad move and rarely done???
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by riskcore
      thx for replies guys,

is it always bad to check on river when you have hand? I thought feigning weakness on the river make it look like a bluff gone bad ( which it was, until the river hit) would get more value, as he was very likely to have a good hand after calling 2 bets, or is this always a bad move and rarely done???
      Well, they ain't gonna bluff that often in those spots. Not on those stakes. People are rather passive there.