[NL2-NL10] Nl10 Sh 22

• dannywratten
      $0.05/$0.10 No Limit Holdem
      6 Players
      Hand Conversion Powered by weaktight.com
      villain unknown, i would normally cbet here with overpairs draws, but better to check as i dont rep much? even with the draws on the turn, i didnt want to inflate the pot OOP and there isnt many hands that beat me, so is calling down with the bottom straight ok here?

UTG ($10.90)
      Hero (UTG+1) ($10.67)
      CO ($9.85)
      BTN ($20.97)
      SB ($7.12)
      BB ($10.49)

Pre-Flop: ($0.15, 6 players) Hero is UTG+1 2:diamond: 2:club:
      1 fold, Hero raises to $0.30, CO calls $0.30, 3 folds

Flop: 3:heart: 4:diamond: 5:diamond: ($0.75, 2 players)
      Hero bets $0.55, CO calls $0.55

Turn: 6:heart: ($1.85, 2 players)
      Hero checks, CO bets $0.70, Hero calls $0.70

River: 9:heart: ($3.25, 2 players)
      Hero checks, CO bets $2.70, Hero calls $2.70
  • 3 replies
    • w34z3l

Tough hand.

Check-calling the flop is fine, but I think cbetting will have a higher expectation in the long-run. As you say, you don't rep much, but this simply means you are getting value from floats. You also have good implied-odds; there are plenty of Aces in villains floating range, so when you make your straight villain has a hand to call you with.

When the 6 turns, I think you should be value betting most of the time. It's true villain will sometimes show up with a hand like 7:s8 or 7:d7 but he also has flush draws and stubborn overpairs which will pay you on the turn. It would suck if villain only bets a 7 on the turn and checks back all other hands with equity.

Checking the turn might be a better option if there weren't any flush draws on board. As it stands there are potentially a lot of bad river cards, any heart or diamond leaves you with a possible tough decision and any 2 or 7 counterfeits you.

Given specifically the action you might call the river, but I almost always fold in this spot due to villain's bet sizing. (Small on turn, big on river). Seems he very often has either a 7 or back-door hearts here.
    • wnbMG
      I think that leading on turn and river would be better. On a river u can put a small value/blocker bet (around 1/2 pot size..if he raises its probably a fold). Do you think that he will bluff you on a river or bet for value overpairs..i dont think so...
    • veriz
      Hello dannywratten,

Well, I don't really like the Check on turn. While even the opponent is unknown. There is no point to Check. Pretty standard Bet for value spot and most likely bet it even on river.

As played the problem is that his bet on river is pure bluff or just strong made hands. According his bet sizing I might even be inclined rather to give up the hand than Call while we just don't know the opponent. We just beat bluff.

Best regards.