NL Holdem $0.04(BB) Replayer
      SB ($4.17)
      BB ($3.53)
      UTG ($0.93)
      UTG+1 ($3.75)
      CO ($4.71)
      Hero ($4)

Dealt to Hero Q:spade: 5:spade:

fold, UTG+1 calls $0.04, fold, Hero raises to $0.20, fold, fold, UTG+1 calls $0.16

FLOP ($0.46) Q:heart: 4:diamond: 3:heart:

UTG+1 checks, Hero bets $0.24, UTG+1 calls $0.24

TURN ($0.94) Q:heart: 4:diamond: 3:heart: T:heart:

UTG+1 checks, Hero checks

RIVER ($0.94) Q:heart: 4:diamond: 3:heart: T:heart: K:club:

UTG+1 bets $0.56, Hero folds

UTG+1 wins $0.85

I'm sure that I didn't played this hand well. But I'm not sure about best line here. Vilian has stats 14/5 (VPIP/PFR) over 100 hands. Preflop I considered isolate him because of his weak limp. Flop standard cbet but it should be bigger because of possible draw. Maybe better would be bet/fold turn.

How should you play this hand?

Thanks for your answers.
      FreeScript
  • 1 reply
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello FreeScript,

Preflop: Well, do you think it's worth even to raise with such a hand against him? Obviously the isolation raise is doable. But do we know the opponent enough? A you didn't mention much about him how he does play postflop, but rather that just his limp is weak. But it still beats your Q5s. :) Hardly!

Equity     Win     Tie
      UTG    36.48%  35.68%   0.80% { Qs5s }
      UTG+1  63.52%  62.71%   0.80% { TT-22, AQs-A7s, K9s+, QTs+, JTs, AQo-ATo, KJo+, QJo }

According ~14% VPIP which some of the strong hands I did exclude. Therefore I don't like that much the isolation.

As played
      Postflop: You went for isolation with such a hand although you still don't bet for value with TP? Or either ain't even protecting. What are you searching for with such a hand then? Only flushes? Bet bigger the flop and most likely just bet the turn for free showdown rather than Check it behind after you weak bet on flop. Which could him just take stabs against you.

Best regards.