a journey to the unknown

• pericas1991
      pericas1991
      Silver
      hello everyone, my name is perica and this is my 1st ever blog, hope its gonna be interesting enough for hopefully many of you to follow it... :P
      so firstly smth about myself...
      i am 20 years old, im from serbia, i lived in germany for 9 years training tennis, being sponsored there obviosly coz my family could never afford that, but a month ago i returned home for good, tennis is extremely tough sport and i just lacked the talent needed to become successfull, so i got fed up and stopped tennis... started playing poker like 2 years ago but due to the fact that i have been living in germany my progress was rather slow, well, not that slow, but deffinetly not as fast as i wished... :f_frown: so, about poker...
      i started with sss when i recived my 50$, but very soon i got bored of it so i started looking for smth that i could learn fast and that would be fun for me, so sngs were my next stop.. started grinding them on pokerstars, moved till 6.5$ ones and there i had like 2k games breaking even strech, so i was frustrated and didnt know what to do, but thanks to a friend, fellow pokerstrategist bigniux, i tryed out 45mans... it was than that my roll exploded very quickly from around 300$ to a few k.. it was very hard for me to grind a lot coz i had to train a lot, so i was using my whole free time for playing poker.. as i am from serbia, very poor country, i always had the pressure of having to cashout pretty often to help out my family, so i never menaged to build my roll to be able to comfortably play 30$ 45mans and 35$ 180s, and a month ago i cashed almost everything out, left like 60$ and started grinding from begining.. now i have almost 1.2k $ and as i now officialy live off poker i wanted to start my own blog to follow my progress.. congrats to everyone who read to this huge first post, next ones wont be this long i hope, and i intend to post here once or twice a week... peace :f_p:
  • 80 replies
    • gumasta
      gumasta
      Bronze
      Pictures of hot tennis babes pls.
    • UPAY4DINNER
      UPAY4DINNER
      Bronze
      Hey Perica :)

Good luck with your blog and I wish you every success in your poker journey :)

Gary
    • Arnolde89
      Arnolde89
      Bronze
      damn, I thought I could brag about knowing the new Djokovic :f_frown: ...well anyways, its time to ship it at the poker tables. Will defo follow+sweat you sometimes :megusta:
      sretno brate
    • minibiff
      minibiff
      Bronze
      Good luck with your goals :)
    • tadcka
      tadcka
      Black
      Nice intro, keep tracking your progress :)
    • pericas1991
      pericas1991
      Silver
      hello guys, tnx to all my first replyers, it is very appreciated... :) i havent played poker in last 4 days at all, in my town there was a festival, so lots of drinking and as i have found myself a new girl, these were definetly +ev days for fun, but extremely -ev pokervise... :D i dont think that i have posted any goals that i want to achieve, so here they r...
      goals for near future(next couple of months)
      :spade: play at least 60 sngs a day, 5 days a week
      :spade: watch at least one vid for cash,mtt,sng a day 5 days a week
      :spade: read holdem poker by david sklansky 30-60min 5 days a week
      :spade: try to improve as much as i can like that... :p

and some longterm dreams,goals
      :heart: be good at every format, mtt,cash,sng
      :heart: become supernova at stars
      :heart: make huge moneyz
      :heart: when supernova apply and hopefully become accepted as team online at pokerstars

that would be it for today guys and girls, hopefully next time i write here i will have some nice graphs to brag about... :p

ooh, and btw a pic for gumasta...
      [img]C:\Users\Josic\Desktop[/img]
    • pericas1991
      pericas1991
      Silver
      ok, so i have no idea how to post the image, can anyone give me instructions?? :D
    • pericas1991
      pericas1991
      Silver
      September summary..
      what can i say, i havent played as much as i wanted to, since i got together with my gfriend my volume really sucked... :s_confused: anyways, here is a graph if i can menage to put it as i am obviosly a huge fish in writing in my blog... :f_biggrin:
      [img]C:\Users\Josic\Desktop\september[/img]
      anyways, today i decided to try some hu sngs, played 3.5$ and 7$ shootout 4 entrants, winner takes all and profit today is 118$ :f_cool: gonna try those out in the next couple of days, and if i keep beating those guys so nicely i might switch to hu sngs... peace everyone :P
    • pericas1991
      pericas1991
      Silver
      lol, i really am not able to post image, some help pokerstrategy?? :f_confused:
    • pericas1991
      pericas1991
      Silver
      [img][IMG]https://img94.imageshack.us/img94/3813/septemberj.jpg[/IMG][/img]
      wohooo success tnx to my mate arnolde89 :D
    • Arnolde89
      Arnolde89
      Bronze
      np, nice month btw :)
    • pericas1991
      pericas1991
      Silver
      wow, pretty hirrible last couple of days... :f_o: i built up my roll till almost 1.5k, started also adding 15$ 45man and 180s when i play 2 days ago, and now my roll is just 840$... fwiw i do think i played quite ok, i love the volume i put in last couple of days, just started getting coolered wherever i looked... so now im moving down to 8$ aggain as my max buy in, hope that in a short period of time im gonna be back at the 15s... i wish everyone here much better luck than i had recently :P
    • pericas1991
      pericas1991
      Silver
      what a rollercoaster since the beggining of the month... yesterday i took another shot at 15$ with ~1530$, lost ~410 for the record loss in one day in a long while coz i havent been playing these limits for quite some period of time... today tho was nice, record win in one day also in a long while for sweet 650$ :f_biggrin: with my roll now at ~1770$ i am gonna be playing 15s for at least next couple of days, and hopefully cement myself there with some big upswings hopefully.. I :heart: POKER
    • Bigniux
      Bigniux
      Bronze
      damn, what a crazy agrro BRM :f_biggrin: swings over 100 BI are really standard, so expect to be moving up and down quite much if you don't hit some sicko upswing soon :)

btw, go to stars lobby, Options -> Tournament Summary Options..., save those wherever you want and add that folder to HEM auto-import folders. This will revome your EV line which has nothing to do with 45s/180s and also, in your HEM, you'll see correct entrants and finish positions for your tourneys :)

Gl @ the tables :s_wink:
    • pericas1991
      pericas1991
      Silver
      lol, i was aware that im experiencing nice big swings for my roll, but tbh i dont have a clue what a nice BRM is for 45s and 180s... :f_biggrin: and tnx a lot for the instructions, i noticed smth was a little off with money hem was showing that i was winning and the money i actually won, so i hope this fix the problem... =)

yea, GL @ the tables, hope to meet u on some final ones.. :f_cool:
    • Bigniux
      Bigniux
      Bronze
      i don't know if you're playing 3+R, but if you do, then it won't fix the problem, cause HEM doesn't count rebuys/add-ons correctly :)

The swings can be harsh, decent winners playing 3rs, 8s, 15s experience up to 3k$ swings(tho, sometimes it can get worse), so you can make conclusions what BRM you'd need for those stakes i guess :) Of course, it depends on a lot of factors, if you don't mind moving down, it can be agrro, but if it's your source of income, then i'd suggest nittier BRM :) Personally, i use 300 BI for highest stake i play, so that would be 4,5k$ for 3rs, 8s, 15s
    • Arnolde89
      Arnolde89
      Bronze
      basically you can use aggro brm like this, but have to get your mind ready for srs swings and moving up and down constantly. Do this until you get to a limit you want to grind 15s are the highest "grindable" limit I think. Then maybe switch to 400-500BI brm to ensure you don't have to move back
    • pericas1991
      pericas1991
      Silver
      ok, so i have moved down to 8s being my max limit, well when i rebuy and add on at 3.5s those r my biggest limit, and i there was the usual swings these days, but today was beatiful, two won 2.2s and at the end won 3.5 rebuy for nice 592$ today :f_love: so now i sit on 2466$ bankroll and i hope im gonna soon be able to get it to over 4k to go back to 15s... one thing i am constantly failing is poker studying, i just cant bring myself to watch vids and read during a day when i know that i am gonna play 5-8 hours poker a day... next month i am going to be harsh on myself and i try to bring myself to do:
      - watch 5 vids a week
      - read 5 articles/columns a week
      -hopefully get platinum aggain at stars
      -enjoy life

ME :heart: POKER
    • Bigniux
      Bigniux
      Bronze
      Originally posted by pericas1991

- watch 5 vids a week
      - read 5 articles/columns a week
      -hopefully get platinum aggain at stars
      -enjoy life

ME :heart: POKER
      don't try to push yourself like that. Quality>>>>>>>>quantity. Better go for 2-3 videos, but rewatch them, so you can grasp the concepts from them :)

Ang gratz with a nice day ;)