[NL2-NL10] 2 big losses in today's session

• ferotaraba
      ferotaraba
      Bronze
      i'd very much appreciate any input.... any ideas how to play those hands differently?

those were my 2 biggest losses in today's session. i feel like i got pretty unlucky in both of them, but maybe i could have played them better? lost 190 BB's in those 2 hands :(

1st hand:

8-handed
      Pre Flop: ($0.15) Hero is BB with 9 :heart: 9 :diamond:
      UTG+2 raises to $0.40, 2 fold, MP3 calls $0.40, 2 fold, SB calls $0.35, Hero calls $0.30

Flop: ($1.6) T :diamond: 9 :spade: 7 :spade: (4 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $1.52, UTG+2 folds, MP3 raises to $4.1, SB folds, Hero raises to $9.99(all-in), MP3 calls $5.89

Turn: ($21.58) T :spade: (2 players)

River: ($21.58) 2 :spade: (2 players)

Final Pot: $21.58
      Hero shows 9 :heart: 9 :diamond: , full house, Nines over Tens
      MP3 shows: T :club: T :heart: , four of a kind, Tens
      BB wins $21.58 with four of a kind, Tens

* MP3 was a fish with VPIP/PFR: 29/21
      pocket nines, easy call from BB, after 3 players entered the pot,
      on flop i hit the middle set and i decide to protect it from fl. draws and str. draws and I bet ~ pot size, however the loose cannon or whatever u call him, raises me instantly... now, i beat everything except TT, J8 and 86..

somehow i couldnt put him on J8, that would be pretty loose even for him i think, especially calling a raise out of first position. i didnt expect him to hold
      TT, cause i thought a loose player like that would 3-bet with pocket tens preflop. Well, i certainly would, and im much tighter than 29/21. 68 also seemed kind of weird to me, maybe if it was suited he'd played that, but i dont think so. Only hand that made sense was 77 i though, and since he is so loose, i 3-bet shoved all in thinking he'll surely pay me off with his pocket 7's. in even better scenario he could have had something like ATs, and think his TPTK was the nuts (you'd be surprised but 80% of the players at these limits would go all-in with a hand like this).

well, my read sucked, he flipped over TT and he even hit another T on the turn to make his four of a kind. i just dont get why he didnt 3-bet those tens in position.

2nd hand:

8-handed
      Pre Flop: ($0.15) Hero is Button with A :diamond: K :diamond:
      6 folds, Hero raises to $0.40, BB raises $1.40, Hero calls $1

Flop: ($2.85) K :spade: 5 :heart: Q :club: (2 players)
      BB bets $1.8, Hero calls $1.8

Turn: ($6.45) 4 :heart: (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero checks

River: ($6.45) 3 :heart: (2 players)
      BB bets $5, Hero calls $5

Final Pot: $16.45
      BB shows A :heart: K :heart:
      Hero mucks
      BB wins $16.45 with a flush, Ace high

* SB was a pretty decent TAG player with stats: 16/12
      After the 3bet preflop and the cbet on the flop i put him on AK or AQs
      he checked the turn and fired pretty large on the river. i thought he had AK on the river, i was 100% sure so i just called him down, so the rake isnt too big. Never thought of that backdoor flush though :(
      ouch
  • 1 reply
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello ferotaraba,

First of all I would advice to post just one hand per thread. So we could concentrate only just one hand and not scroll up/down to write the evaluation.

Hand #1
      Nothing much to do, I am not getting away here. Nice hand!

Hand #2
      Preflop: Well, do you expect him to 3bet against you lighter from the blinds? That should be the only reason to Call it here. But of course if we expect that then sure we can Call it.

As played
      Postflop: Well, your line is kinda fine to Check it behind on turn to get value on river from AQ/JJ/TT maybe even. Although as he decides to bet it that strong on river I really doubt that we beat much. :( It can only be for value and big value, at the best for us is a split, although we could be easily against QQ/AA. For that given reason I'd rather make a crying fold on river.

Best regards.