johnnygambleseed

• 3 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Good job! Homework #1 Done!

Most of the weakness you wrote can easily be fixed with you posting hands (analyzing your session). We will start writing feedback to your play. Usually negative feedback will put you into thinking phase and trying to fix all those leaks. It's almost the same as you loose money, you will remember it more than winning part. By this situation it's gonna be that negative feedback you gonna remember and try to avoid them next time.

Welcome to the Course and Best of Luck. Some more points earned.
    • johnnygambleseed
      johnnygambleseed
      Bronze
      Homework #2

Question 1: What do you think you could play differently than suggested in the BSS Starting Hands Chart and why?

You could play lots of things differently than the starting hand chart dictates. I will try to always vary my play depending on my opponents and the circumstances at the table.
      If I am in LP vs.2 tight players in the blinds I will raise with a larger range of cards. If I'm in LP vs. a limper who is
      passive postflop and folds a lot I will isolate him with a wider range of hands than what I might initially raise with. If there is a min
      raise from EP and 3 people call I would call with suited Ax, face cards and lower connectors.

Question 2: Do you have questions about your preflop play? Post your hand for evaluation.

2NL ATs turn decision vs. Maniac

Note* this is about a turn decision but I am curious as to whether I should have called PF as well so advice welcome.

Question 3: What is the equity of AKo against the top 5% range? 5% means 88+, AJs+, KQs, AKo.
      The equity of Ako vs. the top 5% of hands is 46.32% .
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Good job! Homework #2 Done!

Long time no see mate. :D How has it been?

Totally agree with you about the stealing ranges. They can be very easily be balanced with even wider range. Depending on the opponent you can as well put a wider stealing range. Against some tight opponents who give up their blinds either preflop or postflop, why not to adjust? Against some shorties you can even steal with smaller raise, for example 3xBB. But don't overdo the stealing situations. Sometimes you might just put yourself into too many difficult spots if opening with marginal hands.

Isolating can be very profitable actually since people on lower stakes take the fast and easy line by just Fit/Folding too much. With that you will earn in long run a lot profit. Which means you can isolate with even wider range, sometimes even with the all range which you planned to limp.

About Question #3:

Equity     Win     Tie
      UTG    46.32%  37.92%   8.41% { AKo }
      UTG+1  53.68%  45.27%   8.41% { 88+, AJs+, KQs, AKo }

Hopefully you enjoy the Course so far.