[NL2-NL10] nl2 - Bluff River

• Philfox1985
      Philfox1985
      Bronze
      Any thoughts on this hand, I assume I will get slated from start to finish!?

Pre-flop too loose? Raise was perhaps due to over-confidence, I had been running hot, then felt had nice odds to call min-raise.

Calling on flop without the odds given there is also a flush draw out? I felt there was just about enough implied odds given the sizes of our remaining stacks, but it was marginal.

Turn, probably a fair call, bet size was small.

River what do you beat etc!? Villlians play felt fairly weak given decreasing aggression, figured he would struggle to call the bet.

Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      SB:
      $2.01
      Hero:
      $2.03

0.01/0.02 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy.com Elephant 0.102 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is UTG2 with 9:heart: , 8:heart:
      UTG1 folds, Hero raises to $0.07, 5 folds, SB raises to $0.12, BB folds, Hero calls $0.05.

Flop: ($0.26) 7:diamond: , 6:diamond: , 2:club: (2 players)
      SB bets $0.26, Hero calls $0.26.

Turn: ($0.78) A:heart: (2 players)
      SB bets $0.26, Hero calls $0.26.

River: ($1.30) 7:heart: (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $0.61, SB folds, Hero gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $1.30
  • 1 reply
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Philfox1985,

Well, obviously his line is pretty weak on turn. And for the given reason I don't even mind your play. If he has the 7x he would bet himself, if he had the Ax he would also bet himself for value rather than just Check it. Plus our bet doesn't need to work that often.

Best regards.