[NL2-NL10] nl2 - 65s Isolation

• Philfox1985
      Philfox1985
      Bronze
      Problem with the isolation here was that my implied odds on the flop were not very good on the flop.

Felt I pretty much had to fold as I have to commit too much of my remaining stack to the draw.

Villian showed KK.

Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      Hero:
      $2.07
      MP1:
      $2.01
      CO:
      $1.78

0.01/0.02 No-Limit Hold'em (8 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy.com Elephant 0.102 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is SB with 6:spade: , 5:spade:
      UTG2 folds, MP1 calls $0.02, 2 folds, CO calls $0.02, BU folds, Hero raises to $0.12, BB folds, MP1 raises to $0.22, CO folds, Hero calls $0.10.

Flop: ($0.48) J:club: , 4:diamond: , 3:heart: (2 players)
      Hero checks, MP1 bets $0.48, Hero folds, MP1 gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $0.48
  • 3 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Philfox1985,

Well, the problem comes into hand even preflop. :) If you are going to Call preflop you most likely wont hit often enough. Also even if you do hit then as you see wont even be able to Call against him with his draws. Rather just fold it. SCs ain't the greatest to play against him in this situation.

Best regards.
    • Philfox1985
      Philfox1985
      Bronze
      Any guide as to when its profitable to call a raise with suited connectors?

I'm assuming being in position / out of position will make a fairly large difference, and that you need decent implied odds. However, I have never seen any kind of rule or discussion on this (perhaps because you just shouldn't!)
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by Philfox1985
      Any guide as to when its profitable to call a raise with suited connectors?

I'm assuming being in position / out of position will make a fairly large difference, and that you need decent implied odds. However, I have never seen any kind of rule or discussion on this (perhaps because you just shouldn't!)
      When there is a multiway pot. :) Then I'd advice to limp in as well with them. But of course rather have position. It will be hard to play OOP and extract value in any case you hit.