[NL2-NL10] NL10 SH 4bet flop

• wnbMG
      wnbMG
      Bronze
      I didn't use HEM so I can't post hand. I hope that I will describe hand good, anyway it isnt really complicated. Shortstack raised to 30c, I had AK in the SB and 3bet on 1,30$, but BB 4bet me on 2,30$. I called. Flop came KTx. He shoved, I folded. What do you think?
      My thinking: AA or QQ...maybe I should call..
  • 7 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello wnbMG,

Preflop: Well, as you get 4bet from BB I'd rather just fold the hand. We are flipping anyways. If we want even to continue then rather just get it in.

As played
      Postflop: Huh? You are Calling but still you are folding with TP? What do you want to hit then? You ain't ever gonna play the hand profitable by this way. Rather fold it preflop.

Best regards.
    • wnbMG
      wnbMG
      Bronze
      Originally posted by veriz
      Hello wnbMG,

Preflop: Well, as you get 4bet from BB I'd rather just fold the hand. We are flipping anyways. If we want even to continue then rather just get it in.

As played
      Postflop: Huh? You are Calling but still you are folding with TP? What do you want to hit then? You ain't ever gonna play the hand profitable by this way. Rather fold it preflop.

Best regards.
      I was getting odds almost 4:1...and if I got an A i would be probably good..now its kinda hard...do you think that u should call this shove?
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Well, I doubt that he is going to 4bet very loose there. :) And at the best we might get a flip. Not really worth. If I would want to take the flip then I'd just get it in than play it OOP.
    • keoghh
      keoghh
      Silver
      But if u hit the ace and he does the same shove, r u calling or still thinking AA??
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by keoghh
      But if u hit the ace and he does the same shove, r u calling or still thinking AA??
      You mean if you the 4bet? And you hit your Ace? Obviously. :) He may do that as well with lower PPs.
    • wnbMG
      wnbMG
      Bronze
      Originally posted by keoghh
      I call...I think that he will usually shove for bluff and not for value on top set...
    • foolboydesire
      foolboydesire
      Bronze
      It is terrible idea to call even a 3bet preflop out of position with AK, to call a 4bet is even worse. you either move all-in or fold it