DeucesCracked Poker Videos Hand History Converter

BTN: $2.05
      SB: $2.46
      Hero (BB): $1.96
      UTG: $5.15
      CO: $2.10

Pre Flop: ($0.03) Hero is BB with K :diamond: K :club:
      UTG raises to $0.07, 3 folds, Hero raises to $0.22, UTG calls $0.15

Flop: ($0.45) 2 :spade: T :diamond: J :heart: (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.20, UTG calls $0.20

Turn: ($0.85) 7 :club: (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.44, UTG raises to $1.08, Hero calls $0.64

River: ($3.01) 9 :diamond: (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.46, UTG calls $0.46

Im thinking hes got lyk AJ/KJ/A10/K10

Can i get away from this?
  • 6 replies
    • DaPhunk
      DaPhunk
      Bronze
      You should be able to get more value out of him on flop by betting bigger. Sure you could get $0.35 or something and then its easier to get him All-In by river.

As played turn is push or fold given vs his Check/Raise and your remaining stack? Maybe you can call in NL2 SH but this does look kind of like a set or AA to me. Its just the sort of line people would take with those hands especially on this relatively dry board for a 3bet pot.

I am a bit of an FR nit but I don't think he has reason to Check/Raise AJ or QQ in this spot, he'd be over-repping his hand and versus you show of strength I don't see him bluffing too much either.
    • AKM247
      AKM247
      Bronze
      Hey, I was actually thinking that he's deep and it's SH so he can open 3.5bb UTG with Suited Connectors even, although I think he should not call your reraise with this and we would usualyl eliminate it from his range, ppl 3bet light more on SH so it may be a possibility. Then drawing on the flop and completes on the turn.

Otherwise I agree with above about set or AA. Maybe my initial impressino is over analytical for NL2, but I believe you can get observant players at any limits also.

As played I think I would have push/fold turn.
    • Tomaloc
      Tomaloc
      Bronze
      got any reads on his player profile?
      against unknown i just assume that it's some random loose-passive/reg against which overpair is almost never good against call flop/raise turn line, so you can fold

the fact that he's deep actually is of no importance since there are no other players in deep for him to play for 200BB+, HU against Hero the effective stacks actually are just the normal 100BB
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello keoghh,

Preflop: Well, being OOP and while I'd rather not give him great odds for set mining. While he at the moment gets ~13,6:1 so practically for very good 3bet pot he would need Call20. Which means I would raise it even bigger 4x his raise so ~$0,28. Then his odds would be ~9,7:1. :) And he would practically make a huge mistake by that.

As played
      Postflop: The case here is that we are pretty much committed. While we expect the opponent to even play AJ this way then there is no way we are getting away. We need ~28% equity for a break-even go broke. Although against that kind of range:

Board: 2:spade: T:diamond: J:heart:  7:club:
             Equity     Win     Tie
      UTG    57.13%  54.86%   2.27% { TT+, AJs }
      UTG+1  42.87%  40.60%   2.27% { KdKc }

We are getting easily that kind of equity. Even if we remove AJ. And add sets/overpair/one combo of KK and QQ:

Board: 2:spade: T:diamond: J:heart:  7:club:
             Equity     Win     Tie
      UTG    64.35%  61.72%   2.63% { TT+ }
      UTG+1  35.65%  33.01%   2.63% { KdKc }

We still get the equity. Therefore just ship it on turn while being in 3bet pot.

Best regards.
    • AKM247
      AKM247
      Bronze
      [quote][i]

the fact that he's deep actually is of no importance since there are no other players in deep for him to play for 200BB+, HU against Hero the effective stacks actually are just the normal 100BB[/quote]Fair point, but I don't think he's opening with the intention of shoving or looking for a deep stack to shove against? Generally people open looser when they're deep and to say that stack size is irrevelant, not sure I agree tbh
    • Tomaloc
      Tomaloc
      Bronze
      well i assume that he's thinking player which is not always a fair assumption. :D
      if i'm with 300BB but everyone else is with 100BB i play like if i had 100BB

of course when playing suited connectors on deep stacks one doesn't want to shove preflop, rather looking for implied odds, calling a 3bet may even be possible