Elephant database

• keoghh
      keoghh
      Silver
      Hey, so i had some problems with postgres for elephant, and couldnt solve them, so downloaded HEM trial, had to deinstall postgres and download postgres 8.4, HEM trial is working fine, but elephant still isnt working and ive been told i need to edit database connection to be the same as holdem manager, how do i do this??
  • 17 replies
    • mrk1988
      mrk1988
      Bronze
      Hey keoghh,

unfortunately I have no idea how your setup looks like right now. You installed postgreSQL 8.4 manually?
      Did you create a postgreSQL username / password during the installation?
    • keoghh
      keoghh
      Silver
      Yes i installed 8.4 manually, created a username and password and linked my HEM trial to this database, now i want to link elephant to the same databse as holdem manager
    • mrk1988
      mrk1988
      Bronze
      You can not use the same database for both programs.

HM uses a different database layout, etc...

You have to create a new database from within PokerStrategy.com Elephant.
      Do not get confused about "databases" and your "database service".

Try to create a new database with PokerStrategy.com Elephant and use your username / password for postgreSQL.
    • keoghh
      keoghh
      Silver
      Ok i see now, ive done that and its saying ive only played 82 hands, when on HEM i have ~12k hands?
    • mrk1988
      mrk1988
      Bronze
      Well, you probably did not import all of your older handhistories then?
      Manually import all handhistories you need via the import screen.
    • keoghh
      keoghh
      Silver
      Ok, but which folder will all my hand histories be in? Can i find out through HEM?
    • mrk1988
      mrk1988
      Bronze
      Best thing to do would be to open the Poker Software and lookup the path where your handhistory is stored.

Second best option would be to open up HM and lookup the paths configured for autoimporting handhistories.
    • keoghh
      keoghh
      Silver
      Thankyou, will get on it and report back
    • keoghh
      keoghh
      Silver
      Ok so i looked at the auto import folders on HEM and they say that the import for william hill is:

C:\Poker\William Hill Poker\history + subfolders

So i then go into elephant and click import player notes??????

Not sure if that is the right thing to click to import the hand histories, but anyway i get to history + subfolders and then it wont let me click ok, just keeps opening the folders further.

Also the top auto import is:

C:\Users\AppData\Roaming\HEM Data\Hands + subfolders

Not sure if this is any use?

So currently wanting to get my 15k hand histories from HEM onto elephant.
    • mrk1988
      mrk1988
      Bronze
      You need to open the import section, select the option to import a folder, navigate to your WH\history folder and import it.
    • keoghh
      keoghh
      Silver
      Ok, i went on import, add folder, went to WH\History Selected this folder and started import, and it said it imported 278 hands, which i already had on elephant anyway, should have 16k hands being imported?
    • mrk1988
      mrk1988
      Bronze
      Originally posted by keoghh
      Ok, i went on import, add folder, went to WH\History Selected this folder and started import, and it said it imported 278 hands, which i already had on elephant anyway, should have 16k hands being imported?
      Looks like it you don't have the original handhistory anymore or HM moved it to a different folder! Take a look at the HM configuration and look for any option dealing with moving handhistories to different folders after importing them.
    • keoghh
      keoghh
      Silver
      Ok thanks, doesnt seem to be working but i may just leave it as it is, kinda a fresh start in the database.

Got another problem with elephant so may aswell post it here, ok so i go on the HUD and configure how i want it to be:

VPIP/PFR/AF/Hands
      3bet/foldvs3bet/Cbet/FoldvsCbet
      Steal/FoldvsSteal/WTSD

i put this in, click ok, and then wen i open the tables the HUD doesnt lay out like this, its layed out like this:

VPIP/FoldBBvsSteal/OpenRaiseLP/PFR
      AF/W$SD/WTSD/Hands
      Cbet Flop/FoldvsCbetFlop/CbetTurn/FoldvsCbetTurn

This happened b4, i set the stats to what i want, and then it doesnt work and after a while it goes back to this layout, not sure why or if its the default. And now i did it again, and wen i open HUD settings it says its layed out as i want, but on the tables it isnt.
    • mrk1988
      mrk1988
      Bronze
      This happens because you probably configured the layout for your new hud only for one specific table size / player size (see dropdown menu for all different filters that are in place).

To configure your hud for every table size / player size simply select the default option from the drop down menu and activate the checkbox above it.
      Now configure your hud to your needs and it will be displayed on every table.
    • keoghh
      keoghh
      Silver
      So i set it to standard layout, sort my HUD out as i want it, and then click the checkbox, is this right?
    • mrk1988
      mrk1988
      Bronze
      :s_thumbsup:
    • keoghh
      keoghh
      Silver
      Ok thankyou very much it worked :)