$8.40
      MP1:
      $0.77
      MP2:
      $5.47
      MP3 (Hero):
      $5.21

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with Q, J.
      2 folds, Hero raises to $0.20, CO folds, BU calls $0.20, 2 folds, BB folds.

Flop: ($0.47) 2, 9, J (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.25, BU raises to $0.50, Hero calls $0.25.

Turn: ($1.47) 7 (2 players)
      Hero checks, BU bets $0.55, Hero raises to $1.20, BU calls $0.62.

River: ($3.84) 6 (2 players)

Final Pot: $3.84.

Guy was 62/5 AF 1.5 over 42 hands. I cbet top pair on the flop and get min raised giving me pot odds of nearly 5:1. I think im ahead in most cases against his wide range and call. The 7 on the turn dosent change much though it could improve a small part of his range to two pair or a straight. He bets giving me pot odds of roughly 4:1 I still think against this guy I have to equity to call and since he would definatly bet the river I ship the turn in a weird c/r kind of way:f_confused: Is my thinking correct or should I give such a fish credit for a min raise or get away on the turn?
  • 1 reply
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello dannyf85,

Well, there is not much to do on flop with odds. I mean if we plan to go broke then we plan, we can't really Call for some backdoor draw or anything similar.

But rather the question is what kind of hands do we beat? While he is rather passive player I don't think that he would raise 9x and therefore most likely it's a Jx at the best for us. But how many Jx hands do we even beat? There ain't gonna be a lot of them but while we can be against a strong hand. Therefore I'd just Bet/Fold it. Or even if I really consider him having rather weaker hands/draws in his range then I'd just get it in right on flop, we are going broke on further streets anyways vs his stack.

Best regards.