[NL2-NL10] nl4 pocketJ

• benaars
      Known players:

0,02/0,04 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy.com Elephant 0.102 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BU with J:spade: , J:diamond:
      5 folds, CO calls $0,04, Hero raises to $0,20, SB calls $0,18, BB folds, CO calls $0,16.

Flop: ($0,64) J:heart: , 6:club: , 5:diamond: (3 players)
      SB checks, CO bets $0,3, Hero calls $0,30, SB folds.

Turn: ($1,24) 4:diamond: (2 players)
      CO bets $0,59, Hero calls $0,59.

River: ($2,42) 8:spade: (2 players)
      CO checks, Hero bets $1,72, CO folds.

Final Pot: $4,14

Is the play allright?> what is the best play in this kind of situation?
  • 1 reply
    • veriz
      Hello benaars,

Welcome to the NL Hand Evaluation Forum! Hopefully we will see more hands from you in the future. I hope that with our help you can improve your play and as well move up the limits. We will be waiting for the next hands and till that good luck on tables!

Flop: Well, the problem on flop is that he is most likely making a bet which is very weak and which could indicate to some kind of draw even. If he has a set or any kind of hand then he is paying anyways. And therefore I'd make it simple and just Raise it up and avoid any card which complete some straight and would be ugly for us on turn.

As played
      Turn: Well, exactly that happened. :( A card came which completed a straight. We can't really raise while 78 could give a straight and we might just isolate ourselves against strong holdings. But of course it could be still an option even to raise since his bet sizing may even indicate to rather a weak hand. Any set/2pairs are going to pay anyways. Therefore would be even an option to raise.

As played
      River: Do you think worse hands will Call you here? I don't like that big bet, rather make it ~$1,20 or something similar and even be happy if you are ahead.

Best regards.