wnbMG

• wnbMG
      wnbMG
      Bronze
      wazzap:D
      My name is Miha and I am from Slovenia. I play poker for 3 years but more seriously I started 2 months ago when I started playing SH cg NL2 and then NL5. I beat both so now I'm playing NL10 SH on iPoker. Because i wanna improve my game, become more profitable player and crushing the limits faster I joined to this course.
      I'm using HEM, sometimes I play without HUD just to concentrate on my playing...

bye (:
  • 9 replies
    • wnbMG
      wnbMG
      Bronze
      Homework #1

Question 1: What is your motivation for playing poker?
      -make some money
      -to be better than others
      -i just love mind games where u must beat opponents trought thinking

Question 2: What are your weaknesses when playing poker?
      -maybe to little experiences
      -give up on hand to late sometimes (playing with hands with not enough equity to 2,3 streets...)

Question 3: What does it mean to play tight-aggressive?
      To play with strong hands and bet strong (mostly for value) and from right positions. It is work ussually beacuse you play with hand which has more EV than the opponents range and (somestimes) dominate opponents range.
    • Jim4rdo
      Jim4rdo
      Bronze
      Hi wnbMG,

Welcome to the course! Great to hear you've had some success already!

Keep it, and you'll go far! Veriz will be commenting on your homework, so look forward to that! Until then, have fun learning and grinding :)

Jim
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Good job! Homework #1 Done!

Well, little experience ain't a weakness. With time you will find the experience and will turn yourself into a good poker player. Only just need to have faith in yourself.

Most of the weakness you wrote can easily be fixed with you posting hands (analyzing your session). We will start writing feedback to your play. Usually negative feedback will put you into thinking phase and trying to fix all those leaks. It's almost the same as you loose money, you will remember it more than winning part. By this situation it's gonna be that negative feedback you gonna remember and try to avoid them next time.

Welcome to the Course and Best of Luck. Some more points earned.
    • wnbMG
      wnbMG
      Bronze
      HOMEWORK 2

Question 1: What do you think you could play differently than suggested in the BSS Starting Hands Chart and why? (Are there any hands you would play differently? Do you have a problem or question about how a specific hand or hands should be played?)
      It depends on table (opponents) and your image at the table.
      Do you advise playing suited connectors (JT,T9,98,87) and low suited aces UTG in NL10?

Question 2: Do you have questions about your preflop play? Post your hand for evaluation. ( Post your hand in the Hand evaluation forums and provide a link to your hand in your private thread in the Locker Room.)
      nl10 SH straight
      I post a lot of hands in our HEF so thank you Veriz for help :)

Question 3: What is the equity of AKo against the top 5% range? 5% means 88+, AJs+, KQs, AKo. ( You can either calculate this yourself or use an equity calculator such as the PokerStrategy.com Equilab.)

Equity     Win     Tie
      MP2    46.32%  37.92%   8.41% { AKo }
      MP3    53.68%  45.27%   8.41% { 88+, AJs+, KQs, AKo }
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Good job! Homework #2 Done!

Definitely it depends on the opponent and no other doubt. When you become more experienced and skilled you will start to play more against opponents. :) But as well at the beginning you rather need to learn the standard preflop/postflop play and get the understanding why you playing this way.

Do you advise playing suited connectors (JT,T9,98,87) and low suited aces UTG in NL10?

Those hands are really good to play and I would advice them to play. But you have to keep in mind that they can easily be overplayed as well. They need rather more experience postflop to play them very profitable. Also I would choose different kind of spots where you can even play them with isolation raise. :)

Hopefully you enjoy the School so far. Some more points earned.
    • wnbMG
      wnbMG
      Bronze
      HOMEWORK#3

Question 1: You are holding KQ. What is your preflop equity against an opponent who has 33? How does the equity change on this flop: J53? (Tip: you can use the Equilab to help you with this task.)

Equity     Win     Tie
      MP2    50.60%  50.21%   0.39% { KQs }
      MP3    49.40%  49.01%   0.39% { 33 }

Board: 5:diamond: J:spade: 3:spade:
             Equity     Win     Tie
      MP2    26.46%  26.46%   0.00% { KsQs }
      MP3    73.54%  73.54%   0.00% { 33 }

Question 2: What would you do in the following hand? (Remember that it is important to explain your reasons, simply posting "Fold" or "Call" isn't enough!)
      Calls because odds for getting our flush draw are really good and we have draw to the nuts.

Question 3: Do you have questions about your postflop play? Post your hand for evaluation. (Post your hand in the hand evaluation forum and provide a link to your hand in your private thread in the Locker Room.)
      Nl10 Sh Qq
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Good job! Homework #3 Done!

About Question #1:
      Preflop Equity:

Equity     Win     Tie
      UTG    50.78%  50.40%   0.38% { KsQs }
      UTG+1  49.22%  48.84%   0.38% { 3d3c }

Postflop Equity:

Board: J:spade: 5:diamond: 3:spade:
             Equity     Win     Tie
      UTG    26.46%  26.46%   0.00% { KsQs }
      UTG+1  73.54%  73.54%   0.00% { 3d3c }

About Question #3:
      There are few situations on turn:
      a) If we take just odds for the FD and we take into account that all our odds are clean. There which means:
      Total Pot = $0,91 ; We have to Call = $0,22 -> According to that it means we are getting ~4,16:1 odds. For flushdraw we would need 4:1. Which tells us that we are getting perfect odds.
      b) If we consider the opponent having sets here:
      Which means we have to discount outs, for example 6 and also 3. Which means we have 7 clean outs. Which means that we need 6:1 odds. That tells us that we need ~$0,41 on river to make it profitable. If we expect the opponent being loose enough and being able to pay us no-matter what then we can do the Call here properly.
      c) We might even have overcards as outs or even 4 as a out:
      Although this kind of situation ain't that likely. I'd rather discount that one and either pick a) or b). Most likely towards Call.

You are doing great progress! Some more points earned.
    • wnbMG
      wnbMG
      Bronze
      homework

Question 1: Post a hand for evaluation in which you have the initiative postflop. (Post your hand in the Hand evaluation board, and provide a link to your hand in your private thread.)
      NL10 SH 2 pairs

Question 2: Evaluate one of the hands submitted by other members. (Choose a hand from the Hand evaluation board and post your own evaluation in the thread. Post a link to the hand you have evaluated in your private thread. You can evaluate as many hands as you want, but try to choose hands not yet evaluated by other users.)
      NL2 SH KK flop AI

Question 3: You are on the flop with KQ. The board cards are J, 9, 8, and your opponent holds 77. What is your equity in this spot?

Board: J:diamond: 9:heart: 8:spade:
      Equity Win Tie
      MP2 41.98% 41.98% 0.00% { KQs, KQo }
      MP3 58.02% 58.02% 0.00% { 77 }
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Good job! Homework #4 Done!

This weeks homework was a bit easier. But the idea of that is to help you go through last weeks stuff if you didn't go through everything. Or either way maybe even read some more articles, watch some videos and of course attend in the coaching. What will also help for your game is the evaluation part of other members hands and of course posting your own hands.

If you have interests you could try calculating the equity with a formula which you can use even on tables(either playing online or live poker):
      (Amount of outs x 4) – (Amount of outs – 8) = Your Equity

About Question #3:

Board: J:spade: 9:club: 8:heart:
             Equity     Win     Tie
      UTG    41.41%  41.41%   0.00% { KsQd }
      UTG+1  58.59%  58.59%   0.00% { 7h7c }

Hopefully this wasn't too easy homework for you. Some more points earned.