This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] 5NL Flopped Set

• sp00nman
      sp00nman
      Bronze
      I am not sure about the check on the turn. I guess I wanted to control the pot but I folded the river thinking that it's too much for me to call. Was I too nitty here?

Villain is 29/24/1.5 after 75 hands.

Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.02/$0.05 No-Limit Hold'em (8 handed)

Known players:
      BB:
      $12.64
      UTG2:
      $5.00
      MP1 (Hero):
      $5.54
      MP2:
      $4.91
      MP3:
      $2.91
      CO:
      $2.61
      BU:
      $5.00
      SB:
      $5.27

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with T, T.
      UTG2 folds, Hero raises to $0.20, MP2 calls $0.20, 4 folds, BB calls $0.15.

Flop: ($0.62) T, K, J (3 players)
      BB checks, Hero bets $0.41, MP2 folds, BB calls $0.41.

Turn: ($1.44) 9 (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero checks.

River: ($1.44) 7 (2 players)
      BB bets $1.02, Hero folds, BB gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $1.44.
  • 3 replies
    • Tomaloc
      Tomaloc
      Bronze
      i like your line. by cbetting you achieve protection+freecard if a bad card comes on turn
      and sure enough a bad card comes on turn, so... you can't continue against c/r, if he has nothing worthy he's going to c/f, only hope is that he flopped some twopair hand or something
      get a free card and hope to hit your FH+ outs, then you can even stack him if he's not that good player
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello sp00nman,

I wouldn't change much actually in your play. We ain't gonna achieve much with the bet on turn. We are just making a lot worse hands to fold and most likely if he has a straight then he is going to Check/Raise against us and we can't continue.

Also as played the river it was even most likely a Qx. :) Nice hand! He is way too passive to take stabs on us. There are a lot of pair+draw type of hands in his range.

Best regards.
    • sp00nman
      sp00nman
      Bronze
      Thanks Tomaloc and Veriz. I actually felt better now that you guys agreed with my line.