[NL2-NL10] 5NL Flopped Set

• sp00nman
      I am not sure about the check on the turn. I guess I wanted to control the pot but I folded the river thinking that it's too much for me to call. Was I too nitty here?

Villain is 29/24/1.5 after 75 hands.

Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.02/$0.05 No-Limit Hold'em (8 handed)

Known players:
      MP1 (Hero):

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with T, T.
      UTG2 folds, Hero raises to $0.20, MP2 calls $0.20, 4 folds, BB calls $0.15.

Flop: ($0.62) T, K, J (3 players)
      BB checks, Hero bets $0.41, MP2 folds, BB calls $0.41.

Turn: ($1.44) 9 (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero checks.

River: ($1.44) 7 (2 players)
      BB bets $1.02, Hero folds, BB gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $1.44.
  • 3 replies
    • Tomaloc
      i like your line. by cbetting you achieve protection+freecard if a bad card comes on turn
      and sure enough a bad card comes on turn, so... you can't continue against c/r, if he has nothing worthy he's going to c/f, only hope is that he flopped some twopair hand or something
      get a free card and hope to hit your FH+ outs, then you can even stack him if he's not that good player
    • veriz
      Hello sp00nman,

I wouldn't change much actually in your play. We ain't gonna achieve much with the bet on turn. We are just making a lot worse hands to fold and most likely if he has a straight then he is going to Check/Raise against us and we can't continue.

Also as played the river it was even most likely a Qx. :) Nice hand! He is way too passive to take stabs on us. There are a lot of pair+draw type of hands in his range.

Best regards.
    • sp00nman
      Thanks Tomaloc and Veriz. I actually felt better now that you guys agreed with my line.