[NL2-NL10] NL4 AA play after flop

• arvyzalo
      arvyzalo
      Bronze
      Hello I am posting a interesting hand for me. How should I play this hand after clubby flop, when I have a top pair for sure, and a nut flush draw.
      I know that I played this hand like a complete fish, that's why I am asking for a friendly advice

Known players: (for a description of vp$ip, pfr, ats, folded bb, af, wts, wsd or hands click here)
      code:
      Position(Stack):
      BBvsSteal	WTS	W$SD	ORL
      RaisePreflop	hands	AF	vp$ip

MP3 (2,12):
      100	33	100	0
      10	39	-	10

CO (2,61):
      0	44	25	50
      8	40	1.6	25

BU (4,14)

0,02/0,04 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy.com Elephant 0.102 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BU with A:diamond: , A:club:
      4 folds, MP3 raises to $0,12, CO calls $0,12, Hero raises to $0,40, 3 folds, CO calls $0,28.

Flop: ($0,98) T:club: , 7:club: , 4:club: (2 players)
      CO checks, Hero bets $0,7, CO calls $0,70.

Turn: ($2,38) 6:heart: (2 players)
      CO checks, Hero bets $2,27, CO calls $1,51 (All-In).

River: ($6,16) T:spade: (2 players)

Final Pot: $6,16

Results follow (highlight to see):
      CO shows a flush, king high (Kc Jc)
      Hero shows two-pair, aces and tens (Ad Ac)

CO wins with a flush, king high (Kc Jc)
  • 7 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello arvyzalo,

Well, he made just a huge mistake by Calling preflop. Your play is totally standard with the nutFD+overpair. He may easily have himself a lot of overpairs which we beat. Nice hand! Don't be result oriented.

Best regards.
    • arvyzalo
      arvyzalo
      Bronze
      Don't be result orientated means "damn this was such a sick badbeat" in nice language? :) Thank you for analysis, hand evaluations really helps me to improve my play :)
    • Philfox1985
      Philfox1985
      Bronze
      I would imagine so, if you were to change your play there it wouldn't be a good idea long term.

You will be favorite against his range of possible hands here, you play it this way enough times and it will be profitable for you.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by arvyzalo
      Don't be result orientated means "damn this was such a sick badbeat" in nice language? :) Thank you for analysis, hand evaluations really helps me to improve my play :)
      Something similar. But often people let tilt by that beat and destroy their A-game. :(
    • sp00nman
      sp00nman
      Bronze
      Don't you guys consider checking behind on turn? I would probably go broke here if i were OOP. His check/call on the flop meant he had something (KKc, QQc, TT, or a sick flush). Really, we are only getting value from QQ and KK here(they might even fold if they don't have the club). I would probably check turn and bet river, or call a bet on river. I would consider folding the river if he decides to shove.
    • w4terman
      w4terman
      Bronze
      you could raise a little more pre flop you have a raiser and a caller

3xraiser + 1raise you could raiser around .48 - .55 and maybe he was folding to this bet!

i make the same mistake all the time :) i dont want to raise very big so everyone folds but it looks that its better to win small and play it right than loss and say why i did not raise bigger!!!
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      No point to Check the turn. :D What do we want to see on river? Any will just kill the action while he could still call even with overpairs TP or whatsoever hands.