$3.52
      SB:
      $5.09
      BB:
      $5.00
      UTG1:
      $1.68

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with K, A.
      UTG1 raises to $0.20, 2 folds, Hero raises to $0.60, 5 folds, UTG1 calls $0.40.

Flop: ($1.27) 9, J, 3 (2 players)
      UTG1 bets $0.65, Hero???

UTG is playing 18/15 over 2k hands opening 8% from EP folding 57% to 3bet hes also short stacked. The question is what to do about the donkbet, if i call im commited to the size of his stack, should this be quick fold is their a call to be found?
  • 3 replies
    • Wriggers
      Wriggers
      Bronze
      This is a strange one indeed. Usually I would suggest raising this flop as he shouldn't be donk betting such a dry board with a big hand. But the size of his stack makes it a difficult decision to call, raise or fold. Usually, small donk bets suggest weakness, and since you already said you'd be committed to calling a turn bet if you called the flop bet I think i'd suggest either putting him all in or folding. Any postflop info on Villain would be helpful, for example donk bet frequency.

Calling is absolutely out of the question in my opinion, if you think he's bad enough to fold to a shove, go ahead and shove it. If he donk/calls he rarely has a monster and I would expect something like TT/JQs and maybe T8s or TQs (Although due to his tightness he probably doesn't open them UTG) to show up.

A fold is probably your best bet here unfortunately.
    • Tomaloc
      Tomaloc
      Bronze
      if he's raising 8% from EP are you 3betting for value? not too much value there i think, only if he never folds to 3b

i like the idea of calling and seeing a flop in position
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by Tomaloc
      if he's raising 8% from EP are you 3betting for value? not too much value there i think, only if he never folds to 3b

i like the idea of calling and seeing a flop in position
      Nope, not really. :) I wouldn't 3bet either against that kind of PFR. Not worth. :) We at the best anyways get a coinflip. Also if you are doing the 3bet then it practically means you are doing it for value and you wanting to go broke. :) There is no way I am going to 3bet/Fold against that kind of stack.