This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL20-NL50] NL20 SH AK 3bet pot IP no initiative

• SPeedFANat1c
      SPeedFANat1c
      Bronze
      Grabbed by Holdem Manager
      NL Holdem $0.20(BB) Replayer
      SB ($47.99)
      BB ($23.67)
      Hero ($20)
      UTG+1 ($20)
      CO ($47.62)
      BTN ($25.77)

Dealt to Hero K:club: A:spade:

Hero raises to $0.80, fold, fold, fold, SB raises to $2.60, fold, Hero calls $1.80

FLOP ($5.40) A:club: 4:heart: 2:spade:

SB bets $2.80, Hero calls $2.80

TURN ($11) A:club: 4:heart: 2:spade: 2:club:

SB checks, Hero bets $5.20, SB folds

Hero shows K:club: A:spade:

Hero wins $10.45

24/21/5
      3bet 7.4
      cbet 72
      cbet turn 40
      wtsd 20
      hands 800

Notes:
      4bet my squeeze with AQ and goes allin for 100bb
      call cbet on Kxx flop, checks turn, bets river 2/3 with JJ

Maybe I should 4bet/push and hope he has hand like AQ?

Ok, as played on turn. He goes to a showdown not so often, and he will lay down JJ-KK and call me with AQ if he has such. But if I would check back turn and bet myself river, maybe I would get calls from JJ-KK? Also I could induce the bluff from him.
  • 1 reply
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Maybe I should 4bet/push and hope he has hand like AQ?
      - problem is that you raised utg, so he would likely not get all-in with AQ, but rather AK+, JJ+. So although I don´t mind your 4-bet to put pressure smt like TT and make your hand easier to play, I think call ip is perfectly fine.

Ok, as played on turn. He goes to a showdown not so often, and he will lay down JJ-KK and call me with AQ if he has such. But if I would check back turn and bet myself river, maybe I would get calls from JJ-KK? Also I could induce the bluff from him.
      - you need to stack off Ax hands, so I like betting turn and shoving river. He would likely c/c once anyway with JJ-KK and I doubt he would bluff river if you check back. Also consider that logic, that he would not bluff twice on that dry board, I´d personally would min-raise flop to get him spazz out anything and I think he would not get away Ax hand if he 3-bet that pf