This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL20-NL50] NL20 SH AKs BTN calls 4bet preflop

• SPeedFANat1c
      SPeedFANat1c
      Bronze
      Grabbed by Holdem Manager
      NL Holdem $0.20(BB) Replayer
      SB ($21.83)
      BB ($32.06)
      UTG ($40.08)
      Hero ($20)
      BTN ($21.65)

Dealt to Hero A:diamond: K:diamond:

fold, Hero raises to $0.60, BTN raises to $2.20, fold, fold, Hero raises to $6.10, BTN calls $3.90

FLOP ($12.50) J:club: 3:club: 9:diamond:

Hero bets $13.90 (AI), BTN calls $13.90

19/13/1.5
      fold to cbet 45
      wtsd 30
      w$sd 61
      hands 1.5K

Had no idea where I am at on flop. What does this mean? Probably QQ+ which he is never folding of course. Just had so many action at all tables, and it was hard to make good decision. I was thinking - if I check then he bluffs me. I have backdoor flushdraw so I bet. But I was thinking wrong - he has no hand which he could turn into a bluff. So this time he crushed me.

Ok, even if I hit my ace or king - I guess I should just check call them, because by betting, I just force weaker hands to fold and stronger to call? Right?
  • 2 replies
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Ok, even if I hit my ace or king - I guess I should just check call them, because by betting, I just force weaker hands to fold and stronger to call? Right?
      - not always.

co vs bu situation is always very 3-bet/4-bet happy, so question is what is his 3-bet range and more important what hands he would call 4-bet ip.
      If you give him top 5%, then you´re crushed and should c/f

board: Jc3c9d
      Hand Equity Wins Ties
      AdKd 29.58% 7,109 8,037
      5% 70.42% 22,474 8,037

But realistically people should get all-in QQ+ and might easily consider calling 4-bet ip 88 or AQ/KQs to see if they hit good flop, then you should shove

board: Jc3c9d
      Hand Equity Wins Ties
      88 68.00% 80,787 0
      AQ, KQs 32.00% 38,013 0

Since you´re ahead his 4-bet calling range and he might easily fold 88 to your flop shove.
      With backdoor flushdraw I´d likely would shove, since he would fold sometimes better hands and call with his draws+ if I 4-bet AK pf I wasn´t really expecting to fold to 5-bet shove and since I have fold equity against AK/AQ I would prefer shoving to get these hands to fold instead of checking it down or giving free cards
    • SPeedFANat1c
      SPeedFANat1c
      Bronze
      His 3bet range from BTN is 11%. But don't know which hand he could call 4bet IP with. His fold to 4bet is 25% (4) so we cannot say too much, but we can say something - that he is very likely not 3bet/folding a lot in general. But from the BTN position he could do that more often since he has 11% range. Yeah, but its probably possible that he is calling 88 and KQ. Just didn't think that such tight player could do that. (don't remember seeing such calls from regulars).