This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] QJs TP gets donked into Q33r flop

• random3
      random3
      Bronze
      This was first orbit at the table so I dont have many stats, but villiain was on the fishier side (big gap between vpip and pfr).

I was somehwere on the line if I should push it or fold it. Because I had the weakest made hand in my range i was more inclined to fold. What do you think?

Grabbed by Holdem Manager
      NL Holdem $0.25(BB) Poker Stars
      SB ($13.68)
      BB ($18)
      UTG ($18.68)
      UTG+1 ($25)
      UTG+2 ($25)
      MP1 ($25)
      MP2 ($13.62)
      Hero ($10)
      BTN ($25)

Dealt to Hero J:diamond: Q:diamond:

fold, fold, fold, fold, fold, Hero raises to $0.75, fold, fold, BB calls $0.50

FLOP ($1.60) 3:spade: 3:heart: Q:club:

BB bets $1, Hero ???
  • 2 replies
    • Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      Hey,

Why would you shove here? I mean you don't get much value from worse right? Why don't we call the Flop and probably flat the Turn as well and evaluate the river

I do not like folding this hand if we are raising this hand preflop

Best regards,
      Gerv
    • random3
      random3
      Bronze
      Shoving wasnt really an option, I shouldnt say that in OP. But calling down I think I would get in a tough spot, because by the river the pot would be big and there could be overcards coming.

If he checks to me and plays check/call, I wouldnt mind valuebetting him, thats why I raise preflop.

Let's say we call and turn comes a 5 (blank), he bets 2/3 again, what do we do ?
      River comes a T and he bets 1/2 again ($4 into $8 pot).