Pre Flop: ($0.15) Hero has K:diamond: K:club:

fold, Hero raises to $0.40, fold, fold, SB calls $0.35, BB calls $0.30

Flop: ($1.20, 3 players) 7:diamond: J:diamond: 9:club:
      SB checks, BB checks, Hero bets $0.90, fold, BB calls $0.90

Turn: ($3.00, 2 players) 9:diamond:
      BB checks, Hero bets $2.25, BB calls $2.25

River: ($7.50, 2 players) 5:diamond:
      BB checks, Hero bets $8.95, BB calls $6.94

BB shows 8:heart: A:diamond: (Flush, Ace High) (Pre 29%, Flop 31%, Turn 32%)
      Hero shows K:diamond: K:club: (Flush, King High) (Pre 71%, Flop 69%, Turn 68%)
      BB wins $20.32

PostF: I think that I played this hand in standard way. Standard CBet on the flop and 2nB on the turn.
      River: in my opinion check behind and play pot control would have been funny... do u agree with me?
  • 5 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello BGawli,

Well, I don't like the bet on river that much. I mean you can bet it but unless he is a station he will never Call the river. Rather I'd make it ~$3 and then it would even give him room for hero-calls plus of course we are able to Bet/Fold it.

Best regards.
    • UnknownJoseph
      UnknownJoseph
      Bronze
      do u wanna bet/fold 2nd nut flush?
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by BGawli
      do u wanna bet/fold 2nd nut flush?
      Why not? Paired board, he wouldn't ever ship there with worse. :)
    • UnknownJoseph
      UnknownJoseph
      Bronze
      I'm thinking about this hand all the time. Maybe because I could have saved few dollars and I had move for the last and I decided what to do on the river.
      What would you say if I checked behind the river?
      KK is a hand with 2 streets of value. On the river we'd got a gift from opponent because he checked. Maybe we should have taken his gift and see free showdown.
      Now I understand that by shoving I made a mistake because only better hands call me.
      Bet/fold as you recommended it great move but we lose $3. How often does he have worse diamond than we?

What about situation if he donk bet and shove all in on the river?
      Easy fold?
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Bet/fold as you recommended it great move but we lose $3. How often does he have worse diamond than we?

Well, there are several options. If he is a thinking good player then I would most likely Check it behind here while he could easily even trap us with FH. Or of course even A, also at the same time he wont pay with a lot worse. :) But if he is a station then I don't mind to go even for ~$2,50-3 and folding to a shove.

What about situation if he donk bet and shove all in on the river? Easy fold?

Yep, he wouldn't shove with worse anyways. :) While I don't even know the opponent.