This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] Nl10 Fr Kk 14.09

• UnknownJoseph
      UnknownJoseph
      Bronze
      Pacific Poker - $0.10 NL - Holdem - 6 players
      Hand converted by PokerTracker 3

BB: $10.49
      UTG: $10.34
      Hero (MP): $12.50
      CO: $9.45
      BTN: $19.22
      SB: $7.09

SB posts SB $0.05, BB posts BB $0.10

Pre Flop: ($0.15) Hero has K:diamond: K:club:

fold, Hero raises to $0.40, fold, fold, SB calls $0.35, BB calls $0.30

Flop: ($1.20, 3 players) 7:diamond: J:diamond: 9:club:
      SB checks, BB checks, Hero bets $0.90, fold, BB calls $0.90

Turn: ($3.00, 2 players) 9:diamond:
      BB checks, Hero bets $2.25, BB calls $2.25

River: ($7.50, 2 players) 5:diamond:
      BB checks, Hero bets $8.95, BB calls $6.94

BB shows 8:heart: A:diamond: (Flush, Ace High) (Pre 29%, Flop 31%, Turn 32%)
      Hero shows K:diamond: K:club: (Flush, King High) (Pre 71%, Flop 69%, Turn 68%)
      BB wins $20.32

PostF: I think that I played this hand in standard way. Standard CBet on the flop and 2nB on the turn.
      River: in my opinion check behind and play pot control would have been funny... do u agree with me?
  • 5 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello BGawli,

Well, I don't like the bet on river that much. I mean you can bet it but unless he is a station he will never Call the river. Rather I'd make it ~$3 and then it would even give him room for hero-calls plus of course we are able to Bet/Fold it.

Best regards.
    • UnknownJoseph
      UnknownJoseph
      Bronze
      do u wanna bet/fold 2nd nut flush?
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by BGawli
      do u wanna bet/fold 2nd nut flush?
      Why not? Paired board, he wouldn't ever ship there with worse. :)
    • UnknownJoseph
      UnknownJoseph
      Bronze
      I'm thinking about this hand all the time. Maybe because I could have saved few dollars and I had move for the last and I decided what to do on the river.
      What would you say if I checked behind the river?
      KK is a hand with 2 streets of value. On the river we'd got a gift from opponent because he checked. Maybe we should have taken his gift and see free showdown.
      Now I understand that by shoving I made a mistake because only better hands call me.
      Bet/fold as you recommended it great move but we lose $3. How often does he have worse diamond than we?

What about situation if he donk bet and shove all in on the river?
      Easy fold?
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Bet/fold as you recommended it great move but we lose $3. How often does he have worse diamond than we?

Well, there are several options. If he is a thinking good player then I would most likely Check it behind here while he could easily even trap us with FH. Or of course even A, also at the same time he wont pay with a lot worse. :) But if he is a station then I don't mind to go even for ~$2,50-3 and folding to a shove.

What about situation if he donk bet and shove all in on the river? Easy fold?

Yep, he wouldn't shove with worse anyways. :) While I don't even know the opponent.