[NL2-NL10] FR 5NL middle set, unraised pot against two fish

• sp00nman
      Are we often times ahead here? MP2's turn c/r looks strong and he is a passive fish that buys in for 250BB. I have 3bet him about 4 times before(different tables) and he folded each time -- so this fish seems to know where the fold button is. My hand is strong but I felt beat with his sudden show of aggression. I tanked for a while and as my clock went down to final 10secs MP2 said "Fold". What would you do here?

I am not really worried about SB as I put him on a FD or Jx and I am 99.99% certain he is gonna chase his FD or go broke with his Jx.

MP2 stats are 22/10/1.5 (535 hands)
      SB stats are 50/33/4.3 (36 hands)

Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.02/$0.05 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)

Known players:
      BU (Hero):

Preflop: Hero is BU with 6, 6.
      3 folds, MP2 calls $0.05, 2 folds, Hero calls $0.05, SB calls $0.03, BB checks.

Flop: ($0.2) 6, 3, J (4 players)
      SB checks, BB checks, MP2 checks, Hero bets $0.13, SB calls $0.13, BB folds, MP2 calls $0.13.

Turn: ($0.59) 7 (3 players)
      SB checks, MP2 checks, Hero bets $0.40, SB calls $0.40, MP2 raises to $2.35, Hero ???
  • 3 replies
    • w4terman
      hmm with his stats it does not look like a super passive player

but his play on the turn looks strong... he could have 33 JJ 77 or even 45
      AJ could be also but his aggression is not tha big to make this move!
      hard to say if you call you must call and the big river bet... but i dont know looks hard to fold here!
      good is that you havent invest that much so fold is an option to :D
    • veriz
      Hello sp00nman,

Preflop: While you are pretty deep with MP2 you can as well isolate. Perfect spot to do so while you even have position.

As played
      Postflop: First of all I'd mention that why do you bet that small on flop? Make it almost pot size! But getting it in on turn is kinda close. For the given reason that it's a freeplay pot. There ain't gonna be that many 2pairs in his range like 67 while we hold the both 66 and only one card of 6 is possible. Therefore it's more likely towards to rather made hand. Could easily even be 45. Although against that kind of hand we most likely will even get on river our money. Which means we would need on river ~$4 and for the given reason that we are so deep we can even Call for the implied odds and ship it if we do hit our FH. Also I doubt that he is raising like that with TP.

Best regards.
    • sp00nman
      I folded. MP2 had 33 and SB had TP =(

@Veriz - 70% of the pot I thought was enough. Also, I dont want to balloon the pot and I expected(planned?) to win a small pot with my flopped set. When he raised, I realized that I only had 33 crushed. Its a big turn raise and If I had called, I doubt that I would be able to fold to a river bet. I would have shipped this with top set though.

Damn I am such a nit. LOL. But I was happy with my play, I made a small mistake but I think its +EV ITLR.