RIVER ($2.30) Q:heart: 7:spade: 5:heart: 2:heart: 6:heart:

SB checks, Hero checks

SB shows 8:club: 7:heart:
      (Pre 18%, Flop 25.2%, Turn 29.5%)

Hero shows J:diamond: J:spade:
      (Pre 82%, Flop 74.8%, Turn 70.5%)

SB wins $2.19

Hi guys.
      Usually I would 3bet this all day, but hes stealing range here is pretty wide so I wanted to keep hes worst hands in play and play IP.
      Should I raise this flop?
      Hes cbeting hes whole opening range on this flop,but not many worst hands call us, maybe except FD.
      He fires again on turn, I was inclined to fold here ,but just wasnt convinced by hes bet sizing,just too small.
      Looked like desperate atempt to make me fold.
      I was thinking to bet river myself 2 make him fold hes worst flushes,but hes stack is quite small and u never know on this limit, he might call me with 7h and waist another 25 bis of my stack.

Best regards
  • 2 replies
    • Bogdan1190
      Hi Sinnology,

You never call in that position and in this kind of sitations pre-flop.It is like a deadly sin.Especialy if you have jacks

The reason is you let him see the flop with his stealing range which is wide and that is not good for you

For example if he raises you with 75s he has two pair and you are beat on the flop if you 3-bet him preflop he would have a verry hard time to call pre-flop and it would also be a mistake.

If you call pre flop you lose the initative and on the flop you can't make any asumtions about his range since he bet pre-flop and bet flop.

As played:
      you could raise the flop and call a re-raise but you put yourself in an ugly spot before the flop.

And on the turn you should fold you don't beat anything any Q or two hearts beat you.

Kind Regards,
    • veriz
      Hello Sinnology,

Preflop: Well, not worth. Just 3bet and do it for value. :) Than let him see the flop. He may easily even Call you 3bet and pay a lot more.

As played
      Postflop: Well, I doubt that there is much to do. He may even 2nd barrel there with a draw also weaker hands. According his bet sizing it's a sign of weakness on turn anyways.

Best regards.