Grabbed by Holdem Manager
      NL Holdem $0.10(BB) Replayer
      Hero ($19.03)
      BB ($11.11)
      UTG ($15.36)
      CO ($8.55)
      BTN ($11.36)

Dealt to Hero A:diamond: J:heart:

UTG calls $0.10, fold, BTN raises to $0.50, Hero raises to $1.20, fold, fold, BTN calls $0.70

FLOP ($2.60) Q:spade: J:diamond: 4:spade:

Hero bets $1.85, BTN calls $1.85

TURN ($6.30) Q:spade: J:diamond: 4:spade: K:diamond:

Hero checks, BTN checks

RIVER ($6.30) Q:spade: J:diamond: 4:spade: K:diamond: 7:heart:

Hero bets $3, BTN folds

Hero shows A:diamond: J:heart:

Hero wins $6

UTG is big fish with 8/7 over 150 hands and BTN is isolating that fish.
      We have decent hand, which doesnt play well OOP, and as well we have A blocker, so less likeley, he has AA,AK,AQ type hand.
      He called and flop brings us 2nd pair.
      I cbet 2/3 PSB and he called.
      Hes range : 99,TT,JJ,QQ,QJs,TJs,KQs,ATs,
      I think QQ,JJ,QJ are raising due to the fact that am repping strong hand and there is FD on board, so we can exclude those hands
      : so 99,TT,TJs,KQ,ATs
      when turn brings K am basicly done with the hand, so I check with intention of folding to any agression, but hecheck back
      At this point I simply put him on flush draw and weaker PPS and decide to bet any river, but spade,9 and T .
      I know maybe my prediction about hes 3b calling range maybe is bit optimistich, altho they call alot with medium SC and brodways this days.

Whats do you think about this hand ?

• 2 replies
    • Bogdan1190
      Hi Sinnology,

I might be wrong but i don't think it is a mistake to fold this hand pre-flop.

As played the flop bet is ok becouse you hit a good hand and you want to extract value from it i don't think it is likely to have a queen here often.

Turn Is played fine i agree with your reasons

Im not sure on the river if betting is the best choice.Will find out when a judge will look at this hand

Kind Regards,
    • veriz
      Hello Sinnology,

Preflop: Well. :D Your 3bet is pretty much a min-raise and he is going to Call any2 hands which he isolated. If I would even 3bet here then at least $1,50.

As played
      Postflop: What are you trying to do on river? Doubt that you are going to make better hands to fold. By that I mean I doubt he is even folding Qx for 1/2 pot size bet. Rather Check it and hope even to see free showdown and maybe take it down. Most of the broadways did hardly hit.

Best regards.