This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] NL5 QQ River decision

• dannyf85
      dannyf85
      Bronze
      Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.02/$0.05 No-Limit Hold'em (8 handed)

Known players:

CO:
      $4.00
      BU:
      $3.97
      SB:
      $5.00
      BB:
      $3.08
      UTG2:
      $5.21
      MP1 (Hero):
      $6.25
      MP2:
      $5.18
      MP3:
      $1.86

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with Q, Q.
      UTG2 folds, Hero raises to $0.20, 5 folds, BB calls $0.15.

Flop: ($0.42) 4, T, K (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero bets $0.30, BB calls $0.30.

Turn: ($1.02) K (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero checks.

River: ($1.02) 9 (2 players)
      BB bets $0.50, Hero???

Villain is unknown only been at table for 2 orbits. cbet flop to get value from draws or a T, After call he may have a K so check back turn as I dont think he'll call worse anymore. Should I b/f turn rather than checking behind then hope for free showdown if he calls. As played the river brings the 9d which compleets QJ for a straight of FD's that I may have allowed to get their by checking the turn. He leads out for 1/2 pot Is their much value left in QQ in this spot
  • 2 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello dannyf85,

Bet/Fold the turn also for free showdown and maybe even value from draws. But as played, well I doubt that you beat much there but obviously your Check behind could even easily induce him to bluff or even bet with Tx/JJ/weaker PPs for block.

Best regards.
    • dannyf85
      dannyf85
      Bronze
      Thanks coach it seems I miss a lot of second barrel spots to gain a free showdown. maybe I check behind too often and allow myself to be bluffed out of the pot